Alpha 6 - how can I use my multimedia keys globally?

Beta Testing for Windows Products and plugins

Moderator: Gurus

KingKong

Alpha 6 - how can I use my multimedia keys globally?

Post by KingKong »

Hey,
I have a Logitech MediaKeyboard Elite, I use it under Vista x86 Ultimate with Setpoint 4.

I wanna use my media keys globally so that I can pause, go to next track, even if MM is minimized.

With MM2 it worked, only if another player was open it didn't work. How can I use it again??

If I try to change the hotkeys to global I can just tick one, if I tick the next the last choice is gone, I even started MM with administrator rights!!!

Please help me, I wanna control MM without have it open ;-)

Regards,
KingKong
Blake

Post by Blake »

I have a Logitech Elite as well but that works fine when minimized, even minimized to tray.

I don't have the drivers installed and I haven't touched the hotkey controls.

BTW what is setpoint?
KingKong

Post by KingKong »

Setpoint is the Driversuite for Logitech products: http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm/434/183&cl=us,en

Strange if I end Setpoint it works 8) But why is this not working if I use Setpoint?? With MM2 it worked :cry:
Wanna use Setpoint and MM3 with media keys!!!
KingKong

Post by KingKong »

any help??
would really like to use MM3 and Logitech Setpoint
Miki

Post by Miki »

This same problem has been since setpoint 247.
This is the last version that seems to work with MM with setpoint loaded.

Im having the same trouble now, my advice would be to get the version mentioned above, dont know if it will work vista though, doubt it.

Its a problem that logitech need to fix.

Post by Guest »

I can confirm. MM2 happily works with the Logitec Driver (using Setpoint 4 Drivers on Vista as well) but MM3 Alpha 6 does not react to any of the multimedia keys.

Hoper this can be fixed somehow.

Regards
Mike
KingKong

Post by KingKong »

So it is a change in MM3 that causes that and not a setpoint mistake, Winamp and Foobar2k is working great!!!
Please MM devs fix that I miss the control over MM3 with my keyboard
Regards,
KingKong

Post by Guest »

I'd vote for the fix as well. Multimedia Keys is a great feature because it just lets me easily start playing music or skip tracks while working on other things without the need to bring up MM.

I guess it is indeed due to a change of how MM handles keys because MM2 as well as other Players (Winamp, GOM, WMP) all handle the keys whether Setpoint is running or not.

Besides this I have to say that although in Alpha Stage, MM3 is running very smooth. I am impressed by its quality! ...and I really like its new library handling alot :-)

Cheers
Mike
Peke

Post by Peke »

It looks that hotkeys assignment we use in MM3 make some conflicts with setpoint drivers :( My girlfriend still uses iTouch drivers 2.22 and it works with MM3.

Gone to check this.
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts

Post by Guest »

Must be something related to SetPoint and MM3. I double checked on my notebook (Vista and HP QuickPlay Multimedia Keys) and the keys work as expected on the notebook.

Hope this is something that can be fixed in a future release since it is working prefectly in MM2.
KingKong

Post by KingKong »

Still doesn't work with Beta 1 :cry:
Is it that complicated to fix?
Because I really miss the control over the monkey via my media keys.
Peke

Post by Peke »

SetPoint make things difficult and it look that in some cases do not detect Application correctly.

Can you send me your player.ini on Pavle at mediamonkey so that I can Compare it to mine?
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
GSV3MiaC

Post by GSV3MiaC »

Any progress on this? Using MM3 B3 the volume and mute keys seem to work Ok but play/pause does not work, no matter what state the player is in. All works Ok with MM 2.5.

Update - after changing the hotkeys box (in options) to 'off' and 'applying' it, and then turning it back on, MM3 is now working right. It seems like the option was set in the .ini file (converted from MM2.5), but had not been applied (however that is done).
Vaan

Post by Vaan »

Hi,

I've got a Logitech G15 but i can't use the mediakeys on mm3 (on mm2.5 it still works)
when mm3 is on the top i can use the kexs... but if an other programm is on top i can't use them...
i've already tested to change the hotkeys but it takes no effect... has someone a soultution?

sorry for my bad english!

greetz Vaan