deal or not?

Community forum for discussions completely unrelated to MediaMonkey.

Moderator: Gurus

rovingcowboy

deal or not?

Post by rovingcowboy »

Sony vio
tower
cdrw
dvdrw
multiple memory card reader.
2gb of ddr.
2 pent 4 3.0 ghz cpus.
nvida card
nic
modem.
flat screen
keyboard
mouse ps2
wireless mouse with charger.
180 gb hd. new serial style.
450 watt power supply.
recovery cd
bundled software.
winxp home.
all for 500 us dollars.

i think it is good. just have to finish the updates and the cleaning out.
of junk files but all seems to be working great. not sure what to do with it now? make a new back up computer? switch it for this one? make a new jukebox? or just add it to a network with this xp?

on a special note to morten. this new flat screen is brighter then ..... so it might beable to see your skin now. i might use it on there? this crt is on full bright but it is half the brightness as the flat panel.

okay so i wanted to shout out a little about the new cheap costing system. some one at my sisters work place got a new one and just wanted rid of this one so my sister bought it.
8)
roving cowboy / keith hall. My skins http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =9&t=16724 for some help check on Monkey's helpful messages at http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 4008#44008 MY SYSTEMS.1.Jukebox WinXp pro sp 3 version 3.5 gigabyte mb. 281 GHz amd athlon x2 240 built by me.) 2.WinXP pro sp3, vers 2.5.5 and vers 3.5 backup storage, shuttle 32a mb,734 MHz amd athlon put together by me.) 3.Dell demension, winxp pro sp3, mm3.5 spare jukebox.) 4.WinXp pro sp3, vers 3.5, dad's computer bought from computer store. )5. Samsung Galaxy A51 5G Android ) 6. amd a8-5600 apu 3.60ghz mm version 4 windows 7 pro bought from computer store.
Teknojnky

Post by Teknojnky »

sounds nice
Blake

Post by Blake »

Pretty good deal I reckon.
rovingcowboy

Post by rovingcowboy »

i thought so too but now i am not able to use the cleanup program i have. it won't finish, i think it don't like the dual cpu's?

but it did a scan with out cleaning and found 667 mb's of junk files. what in the ..... did that other person do in order to have that many junk cookies or bad hotkeys? those don't take up much room there were millions of them listed.
roving cowboy / keith hall. My skins http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =9&t=16724 for some help check on Monkey's helpful messages at http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 4008#44008 MY SYSTEMS.1.Jukebox WinXp pro sp 3 version 3.5 gigabyte mb. 281 GHz amd athlon x2 240 built by me.) 2.WinXP pro sp3, vers 2.5.5 and vers 3.5 backup storage, shuttle 32a mb,734 MHz amd athlon put together by me.) 3.Dell demension, winxp pro sp3, mm3.5 spare jukebox.) 4.WinXp pro sp3, vers 3.5, dad's computer bought from computer store. )5. Samsung Galaxy A51 5G Android ) 6. amd a8-5600 apu 3.60ghz mm version 4 windows 7 pro bought from computer store.
Blake

Post by Blake »

Perhaps, because it is a new computer you should re-install windows, that is if you got the XP discs.
rovingcowboy

Post by rovingcowboy »

well its new to us. but its a 2003 system, with new hardware?
so its almost new.

my sister said they told her yesturday that they
restored it back 2 weeks before they sold it so it should have been all cleaned out
:o

something sounds like there are people that should just take their computers back to the store because they don't get any breeze when they open windows.

know what i mean :wink:
Eyal

Post by Eyal »

rovingcowboy wrote:something sounds like there are people that should just take their computers back to the store because they don't get any breeze when they open windows.

know what i mean :wink:
:o :lol: :lol: :lol:

BTW just curious: what size the flat screen?
Skins for MediaMonkey: Cafe, Carbon, Helium, Spotify, Zekton. [ Wiki Zone ].
monkey hi fi

Post by monkey hi fi »

17 to 20 inchs corner to corner, its a compaq FP 7317.

this is a nightmare.?

finally got the old owner account out of the system.
started adding in software, now tried to go online and update
at windows update again. but now the ie 7 browser is not showing me any html page all i get is a area of where it should
be and the title of the page is " costumize your settings "

it won't go to any site?

it won't even show me a 404 page?

i had to go and install firefox just to get online. but that won't show the pages as designed it shows them as a list where you scroll down for one item per line.?

thats a huge headache for this 500 dollars computer.
the other owner calls herself a geek? but with this mess i am thinking she flunked geek squad's school.

roving cowboy / keith hall.

8)
Eyal

Post by Eyal »

monkey hi fi wrote:but now the ie 7 browser is not showing me any html page
Why don't you stick in with IE 6?
IE 7 is really a piece of sh*t. :evil:

But, the screen, if I understand well, is a 17" flat CRT of expandable to 20" ?
There must be a button on it that you press so it grows by 3 inches. :-?
drjboulder

Post by drjboulder »

Have you checked the video card drivers?

:-?
monkey hi fi

Post by monkey hi fi »

no theres now super grow button on it?

i did not measure it just took a look at it and gave you the guesstament and the model number.
:roll:

the video drivers are fine its just ie that don't want to work?

i am using ie 7 on this computer right now it is messed up with the changing of the fonts like it did last year when i installed it.
but its working fine other then that on this xp?
:o

roving cowboy / keith hall.

Post by Guest »

rovingcowboy wrote:i thought so too but now i am not able to use the cleanup program i have. it won't finish, i think it don't like the dual cpu's?
Cleanup programs almost always cause more problems than they solve. A fresh re-install of the OS is the better route for messed up systems, XP does a pretty good job of regulating itself. Who really cares about remnants of old programs remaining in the registry?

You have dual CPUs or a dual core CPU?
rovingcowboy

Post by rovingcowboy »

if you leave old peices of programs stuck in the reg. on old small systems it will and does bog down after awhile.

me i just like all the ducks in a row on the fast systems that way i get to scatter them. :D

and i don't what any old loafers hanging around takeing up recources that might be needed by a program i use.

i use cleanup by steve gould. but it don't finish on this dual cpu system.

it says there are two of them but i don't remember seeing to cpu coolers. but i did see a huge cooler with a foot print about the size of an 8 track tape.

so i presume it has two side by side.

i got the other cleaning program to work so it was just in need of a new one to use on or with dual cpu's.

it was called the " Ncleaner "

can't do a reinstall all they had were recovery disks.
all these computers here and i can't do a clean format with any of them.

i changed the os on the win98 so now it is not the same as on the cdrom that i got with it. which is good because that cdrom os was jacked. so now i can't even over install with it or cant even over install win98se on it. the rest were all only recovery disks.

which is what i made and make of them i back up the whole os on a cdrom and save it after i get it cleaned out and working proper so i can just replace the os back to a certian time if need be.

something my little sister just found out is needed. her hp got hosed by some online gamer that did not like her boy's higher skill in the game so he hosed her hp so her son can't play the game now.

a back up cd would have saved a lot of trouble for her now.

8)
Eyal

Post by Eyal »

My! My! With all what you're doing to this poor computer and the time and energy into doing it, I don't think it will be a DEAL for you anymore...

You'd be better to keep it, after all.
rovingcowboy

Post by rovingcowboy »

yep no money maker on it now thats for sure, i shut it off the other day and its been a paper weight since. cause it pi.... ed me off i want to use iexplorer and it won't let me.

it won't let me uninstall ie 7 it says it did but even with the system restore gone it does not get rid of ie 7.

i think ie 7 is a pain in the back side if you just try to do a new install of it. but if you upgraded ie from ie 3 on the computer and kept it up then ie 7 seems to work fairly well.?

some thing is strange though? i use msn as dial up and the phone numbers used for this xp to dial up wont work for that xp
and its from the same phone line.?
it seems there are different phone dial up servers for the different manufactures of computers. as this dell and that sony wont use the same server. unless there is just some lag time in getting the new computer to be known on the server?

but that has to wait until i can get over this ie mess up.

but you believe the old owner still thinks they did a good job of removing all the stuff from it? and does not believe there was that much junk on it? :o

kids think they know everything?
:roll: