Statistics Script

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey for Windows 4 Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

durden999uk

Statistics Script

Post by durden999uk »

May I be so bold as to make a request of you wonderful scripters? I hate to admit it, but I am a geek, and I love stats, but the Statistics script that comes with MM is a little limited for me. Is there any way I can alter it, or any bored scripters can work on enhancing it's features?

For example, I would like to have control over how many top artists I can view (25 instead of 10, say).

Or break down the times I listen to music most frequently (maybe have the day broken into 2 or 4 hour periods, with a percentage of total tracks played that day distributed amongst the periods).

Or maybe show the average year as mean and mode, as well as median (which is what I believe it is now).

Or a breakdown of the years of songs I play (e.g. like the top artists played, but with the year - so I might discover that my most listened to year is 1968 or 1994 or whatever...)

I have lots of suggestions, and would be delighted to share them if a kindly scripter fancied taking the project under his/her belt.

Many thanks,
Ben
Bex

Post by Bex »

Not a report script but have you tested my Playhistory script? (Link in signature.)
Advanced Duplicate Find & Fix Find More From Same - Custom Search. | Transfer PlayStat & Copy-Paste Tags/AlbumArt between any tracks.
Tagging Inconsistencies Do you think you have your tags in order? Think again...
Play History & Stats Node Like having your Last-FM account stored locally, but more advanced.
Case & Leading Zero Fixer Works on filenames too!

All My Scripts
durden999uk

Post by durden999uk »

Hey Bex, thanks for the response. I have given the script a try and I like the depth and detail - it is just what I would like see in a stats screen - but the only problem I have with it is the fact it is based in the tree, and I don't like the tree system I'm afraid. Is there any way to transpose the play stats into something similar to the stats.vbs format? Along with library based stats as well, of course (e.g., number of artists in collection, years etc..)
crayak

Post by crayak »

Does that script work with MM3 A7?
Bex

Post by Bex »

@durden999uk
Well, what you could do is this and make some cool looking pivot tables in excel.

@crayak
Currently no but it will be in the future when MM3 is stabilized and its database structure is set.
Advanced Duplicate Find & Fix Find More From Same - Custom Search. | Transfer PlayStat & Copy-Paste Tags/AlbumArt between any tracks.
Tagging Inconsistencies Do you think you have your tags in order? Think again...
Play History & Stats Node Like having your Last-FM account stored locally, but more advanced.
Case & Leading Zero Fixer Works on filenames too!

All My Scripts
crayak

Post by crayak »

Sweet! It looks like a useful script.
durden999uk

Post by durden999uk »

Cool stuff Bex, I'll definitely give that a try. Many thanks for your help! :D