Version 5 is horrible

Get answers about the current version of MediaMonkey 5

Moderator: Gurus

MMFrLife

Re: Version 5 is horrible

Post by MMFrLife »

Drakinite wrote:Thank you for sharing your feedback. Have you tried using the Playing node? It lets you view the now playing list in the main screen. Are there specific features that the Playing node lacks that you're looking for?
Thanks for your reply!

The PN node is nice but here is what I want: simultaneous PN and FL.
See here : icedrive

:wink:
EDIT: I updated image to show how they can be simultaneous without Left and Right side paneling barrier (ex., FL in image)
MM user since 2003 (lifetime lic. 2012) "Trying to imagine life without music gives me a headache"
Top 2 scripts: RegExp Find & Replace (e.v.) and Magic Nodes (e.v.) ZvezdanD's scripts site
Please take a moment to read the bottom of the linked page to support the one and only - ZvezdanD! (the "originator" since 2006).
MMW 4.1.31.1919; 5.0.4.2690 || back it up...frequently!
|| software for power users: "Q-Dir" (free alt. to explorer) and file/folder renamer: "ReNamer" (den4b)
"The absurd is the essential concept and the first truth"
๐Ÿ˜œ
MMFrLife

Post by MMFrLife »

Has anyone had a chance to look into this?

Drakinite, anyone?
MM user since 2003 (lifetime lic. 2012) "Trying to imagine life without music gives me a headache"
Top 2 scripts: RegExp Find & Replace (e.v.) and Magic Nodes (e.v.) ZvezdanD's scripts site
Please take a moment to read the bottom of the linked page to support the one and only - ZvezdanD! (the "originator" since 2006).
|| software for power users: "Q-Dir" (free alt. to explorer) and file/folder renamer: "ReNamer" (den4b)
๐Ÿ˜œ
Peke

Post by Peke »

Hi,
Custom positions are in work, but fairly limited due the Chromium Engine. It just needs bit more work and rewrite in order to make things better rather than break current work.

Bit of patience here, we are stretched bit thin and more urgent/pressing matters needs to be attended.
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
MMFrLife

Post by MMFrLife »

I don't have a problem with being patient. I'm just glad someone stepped up on informing me of it, possibly others interested
in the issue too. I brought up the issue (or something related) a while back, if I remember correctly? I suspected it would be a grey area kind of topic and that it wouldn't get much reply traction, if any.

Anyway, I'm glad there is something being developed in that area. Hopefully, the Chromium aspect won't be too much of a limitation going forward. I mean, it is great to have that landscaped view without even considering multiple monitors, but the wonders provided by multi- monitors for something like this, in this day and age, just can't be ignored. I use two ultra wide monitors with MM.

Again, I don't know whether that was all you Peke, or you had to confer with Rusty/the dev. team on the best way to say it, but much
respect and hat tipping to anyone involved in stepping up with a good, solid answer!

Thanks!
๐Ÿ˜œ
Peke

Post by Peke »

Hi,
We are glad you understand it, sometimes for features to be added it takes time, but we often re prioritize things and for example https://www.ventismedia.com/mantis/view.php?id=5924 was added almost 14 years ago and finally came to its turn to be added.

Patience is virtue. I first developed CUE support 20+ years ago and it makes me very very happy to see it finally in MM.

User support is everything. No matter how much we are dedicated we are still small team doing the best we can.
MMFrLife wrote: โ†‘Thu Jun 08, 2023 1:47 pm Again, I don't know whether that was all you Peke, or you had to confer with Rusty/the dev. team on the best way to say it, but much respect and hat tipping to anyone involved in stepping up with a good, solid answer!
You have my personal thx, it is specific relations in the team and that is why we are together for a long time.
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts