Syncing a single playlist and JUST it's contents

Get answers about the current release of MediaMonkey for Android

Moderator: Gurus

jwillard

Re: Syncing a single playlist and JUST it's contents

Post by jwillard »

I managed to export the hosed up Playlist. I opened it in notepad and did a search and replace for the path and saved it. I then went to File>Add_Rescan... chose the path to where I saved the M3U file. A dialog pops up telling me the Library item count and that it didn't import anything. "Did Not Import 0 Files (did not match import criteria)" Nothing imported and nothing failed either.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Is the Playlists file type (presumably M3U) selected to be scanned? If so, does it fail to show under Playlists > Imported Playlists in the Media Tree?
jwillard

Post by jwillard »

Yes, the M3U file was both specifically selected and I also tried choosing the entire folder. It didn't import anything. The Imported Playlist in the tree only shows 3 entries all names _playlist and I really don't know where they came from. They're all different in their content and not anything I would have actually chosen myself.
I just figured out where those imported Playlists came from. A friend who also uses MMW gave me a bunch of music. They were on the Flash drive.
I deleted all of the Playlists under the Imported Playlist tree view. Interesting thing though, it appeared that the original Playlist I'm trying to import was in the root of Imported Playlists. I deleted all those entries as well and tried the import again and it didn't do anything. Very odd behavior.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

And the Playlist file type is selected to be scanned?
jwillard

Post by jwillard »

yes, it's selected
jwillard

Post by jwillard »

Well, I think I'm going to give up on the importing of the Playlist. I'll just recreate it from scratch.
Now we'll see how the Sync'ing deal works, which was the beginning of this adventure.

Jeff