Playback interrupts because f systme messages and power saving

Get answers about the current release of MediaMonkey for Android

Moderator: Gurus

c242

Playback interrupts because f systme messages and power saving

Post by c242 »

See topic. MM interrupts playback because of these. And even more annoying it jumps to the beginning of the track. I believe this is since the last update.
Peke

Re: Playback interrupts because f systme messages and power saving

Post by Peke »

Hi,
You need to open MediaMonkey AppInfo and set permissions correctly, not to be interrupted and allow to work in background.

Unfortunately it depends how to archive that by Manufacturer of device and there are slight variations on steps to do that. Usually it is in Settings under apps.
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
bkenobi69

Post by bkenobi69 »

I've been experiencing the same issues since the last update a few months ago as well. The update broke several things (eg, keyboard doesn't show up as quickly, Alarm Clock Extreme misses timers and just says "sorry", bluetooth randomly drops, etc) so MMA isn't isolated in my case.

From what I've read this is some kind of battery optimization "feature" gone wrong. If there are suggestions for how to get back to a working state I'd love to hear any suggestions.

Galaxy A10E
Android 11, kernel 4.4.177 (30 june 2021)
MMA 1.4.5.0960

I decided not to open a new topic since this is identical but let me know if i should repost on its own.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

In that case try to go into your battery optimization settings. Often you can exclude specific Apps from it.
bkenobi69

Post by bkenobi69 »

As far as i can tell, i have excluded MM from the list but it didn't seem to stop the pausing.

I recently took a road trip in my truck with Uconnect head unit. Before the update i could get in the truck with phone in pocket and it would automatically start playing (i left the audio on bluetooth). I had no issues with pausing and i would often use navigation in foreground without any issue.

After the update the same action sometimes starts playback but usually i have to manually start MM and select play from either phone or truck. If the screen turned off or another app was launched (navigation), playback would randomly stop. I could usually select play on head unit to resume but sometimes this would require accessing MM on the phone for it to link again. The pausing could be after a few songs or as much as 4-5x during the same song. I added MM to the exclude list but no appreciable difference. I disabled battery optimization altogether which also did not help.

The only thing the did work was keeping the screen turned on with MM in the foreground. Initially i had navigation floating and later found split screen also worked. Although these were passable as a workaround i would like to help get this resolved. I submitted logs but can submit more if that would help.