MediaMoney using WINE/Crossover Linux

Help improve MediaMonkey 5 by testing the latest pre-release builds, and reporting bugs and feature requests.

Moderator: Gurus

LVOG

Re: MediaMoney using WINE/Crossover Linux

Post by LVOG »

drakinite wrote: Thu Dec 16, 2021 1:52 pm Ah, I see - That's fair, I suppose. 500 dollars sounds quite steep, but hey, I'm glad that they have it as an option. Especially not requiring a subscription. I really don't like subscription models for software. ((Subscription models for cloud services are different, but this one isn't a cloud service.))

Glad to have you using MM! Out of curiosity, how does it perform for you compared to on Windows?
Yeah, I don't like subscriptions either. Big reason why I was more than glad to pay for Reaper as my DAW for example.

Well, it's the first time I've really been using MM5. I've only used MM3 way in the past and then MM4 about 2-3 years ago.
Therefore I don't really have any valuable input regarding any possible performance difference.

After all the tinkering, running it in Crossover 21 is pretty solid.
When using it through PlayOnLinux, I'd sometimes get a crash due to skipping around in a song too fast and such.
I've been trying to crash MM for a few minutes now in C21 and it just takes the beating, lol.
Skipping around like a madman, opening all the options, no problems whatsoever.

All my 320 kbps mp3s run just fine, scrolling through my 1200+ songs library goes smoothly, no UI problems (like difficulty to select an option/song because the highlight wouldn't allign properly)...
Loading album art can take a second but I often use above average sizes (1000x1000 or so) and they're on a HDD, not an SSD so it's to be expected.

I'd dare say MM5 through C21 is as solid as I'd expect it to be on Windows.
EDIT: okay, it crashed once just now, lol, but still good.
ronnz

Re: MediaMoney using WINE/Crossover Linux

Post by ronnz »

I now installed and tested latest stable Mediamonkey 5.0.2 2531 version. Seems to be pretty stable.
BTW I use Crossover 21.1 now