Dr. Sol's Perpetual skin for MM5

To discuss development of addons / skins / customization of MediaMonkey.

Moderators: jiri, drakinite, Addon Administrators

Dr.Sol

Re: Dr. Sol's Perpetual skin for MM5

Post by Dr.Sol »

New version is released (when it is approved). Now, the brushed silver is brushier, the buttons are glossier and disabled rows are more obvious.
MM-Gold user since 2005
drakinite

Post by drakinite »

Dr.Sol wrote: Tue Jan 04, 2022 5:22 am A possible work around is to re-release the skin with another id, without an apostrophe, but I'm biding my time and see what they come up with.
Can confirm that this is the solution we'll have to take. Working with Dr.Sol on it now.
Student electrical-computer engineer, web programmer, part-time MediaMonkey developer, full-time MediaMonkey enthusiast
I uploaded many addons to MM's addon page, but not all of those were created by me. "By drakinite, Submitted by drakinite" means I made it on my own time. "By Ventis Media, Inc., Submitted by drakinite" means it may have been made by me or another MediaMonkey developer, so instead of crediting/thanking me, please thank the team. You can still ask me for support on any of our addons.
Dr.Sol

Post by Dr.Sol »

Now a new version, (3.2), is released, which have the ability to check for new versions. If you have an older version you have to update manually, but it will work for new releases in the future.

Thank you Drakinite and Jiri for your help with the technical part.
MM-Gold user since 2005
sonos

Post by sonos »

As in both the old and newest versions, the some of the windows shrink so that they can no longer be closed. See image:
drakinite

Post by drakinite »

You should be able to resize them to be wider, then close and reopen, and it should remember the previous state. Does it happen consistently?
Student electrical-computer engineer, web programmer, part-time MediaMonkey developer, full-time MediaMonkey enthusiast
I uploaded many addons to MM's addon page, but not all of those were created by me. "By drakinite, Submitted by drakinite" means I made it on my own time. "By Ventis Media, Inc., Submitted by drakinite" means it may have been made by me or another MediaMonkey developer, so instead of crediting/thanking me, please thank the team. You can still ask me for support on any of our addons.
sonos

Post by sonos »

No it is not resizable. The window shown above is from: Options > Audio Output > Configure > Advanced
What I do not understand why this type of windows are animated (shrinkable)?
The same goes for: Delete from Playing List > Confirmation (e.g. remove from Playing List only)
Flypaper

Post by Flypaper »

Nice skin! I like the colors but the font is problematic. The characters are too thin and I have trouble seeing them without squinting. Maybe something a little darker and larger?
drakinite

Post by drakinite »

sonos wrote: Thu Jan 06, 2022 8:50 am No it is not resizable. The window shown above is from: Options > Audio Output > Configure > Advanced
What I do not understand why this type of windows are animated (shrinkable)?
The same goes for: Delete from Playing List > Confirmation (e.g. remove from Playing List only)
Whoa, that truly is strange. I can see it - The window starts out wide but slowly shrinks. Are there any other windows in which you see that happen?
Dr.Sol

Post by Dr.Sol »

New release (3.3), where the shrinking dialogues are fixed.

(I had to look in old builds when the problem first occurred. I usually save every 10th. Then I had to check all the changes between the last correct version and the first incorrect dito and see what affected the shrink problem. In this case the fault was in b550 but not in b540. Technically, it was some border settings in a class called .winborder that caused the problem.)

Thank you Sonos, for reporting the problem. I hope it is solved now.
MM-Gold user since 2005
Dr.Sol

Post by Dr.Sol »

Flypaper wrote: Thu Jan 06, 2022 12:43 pm Nice skin! I like the colors but the font is problematic. The characters are too thin and I have trouble seeing them without squinting. Maybe something a little darker and larger?
Thank you for your comment Flypaper. I see what you mean about the font choice. Generally, it is hard finding an elegant typeface that works for everybody. Windows have a limited number of typefaces and it is hard finding a free font with quality that can be enclosed in the skin. Garamond, which is used, is beautiful, but you have a point that it is hard read in small sizes. I have to think what I can do to solve it.
MM-Gold user since 2005
sonos

Post by sonos »

Dr.Sol wrote
New release (3.3), where the shrinking dialogues are fixed
Could not find this release. Maybe the Addons page update takes longer. :D
Dr.Sol

Post by Dr.Sol »

sonos wrote: Fri Jan 07, 2022 6:40 am Could not find this release. Maybe the Addons page update takes longer. :D
It's uploaded, but it isn't approved yet.
MM-Gold user since 2005
sonos

Post by sonos »

got it
drakinite

Post by drakinite »

Approved.
sonos

Post by sonos »

The shrinking in the new version (3.3....) no longer takes place. :D However, the window that opens when deleting songs from the Playing List:

Playing List > Confirmation (e.g. remove from Playing List only)

is still in the slimmest form* i.e. the text has a lot of line breaks and is therefore more difficult to read.
(*Compared to previous version the final stage of the shrinking process)
Otherwise good work! :D

MMW 5.03.2600
Dr Sol's Perpetual 3.3.865