Dr. Sol's Perpetual skin for MM5

To discuss development of addons / skins / customization of MediaMonkey.

Moderators: jiri, drakinite, Addon Administrators

Dr.Sol

Re: Dr. Sol's Perpetual skin for MM5

Post by Dr.Sol »

New version with adjusted sizes of text.

(Still using Garamond, but had to adjust font-sizes exclusively without influence other things like margin, border, padding etc)
MM-Gold user since 2005
Dr.Sol

Post by Dr.Sol »

sonos wrote: Fri Jan 07, 2022 5:17 pm However, the window that opens when deleting songs from the Playing List:

Playing List > Confirmation (e.g. remove from Playing List only)

is still in the slimmest form* i.e. the text has a lot of line breaks and is therefore more difficult to read.
(*Compared to previous version the final stage of the shrinking process)
Otherwise good work! :D
Ok, I will look on this.
MM-Gold user since 2005
Dr.Sol

Post by Dr.Sol »

sonos wrote: Fri Jan 07, 2022 5:17 pm The window that opens when deleting songs from the Playing List:

Playing List > Confirmation (e.g. remove from Playing List only)

is still in the slimmest form* i.e. the text has a lot of line breaks and is therefore more difficult to read.
Thank you Sonos, for your alert, but I think this is related to the MM-program, and not to the Perpetual skin? Other skins behaves in the same way when I have tested. Even the default skin (the green one) behaves like this. So, I don't think I will do anymore with this for the moment. Perhaps somebody in the developer team can put the slim behavior on a bug list if it is not an intention of having it like this?
MM-Gold user since 2005
snowleopard

Post by snowleopard »

I looked at this skin for a while and wish it was slightly different, Is it possible to tweak this skin to be more like this one for Winamp?

https://winampheritage.com/skin/nucleo-nlog-v2g/81567

It is like the Dr. Sol's Perpetual skin color scheme is slightly off.
Dr.Sol

Post by Dr.Sol »

Hello Snowleopard,

Tank you for your suggestion. I will absolutely take it under consideration. Especially I liked the look of lamps that lights up a scale on a radio. Hm, hm. Now I have to think.
MM-Gold user since 2005
drakinite

Post by drakinite »

You could always release multiple different skins with slight differences -- "Dr. Sol's Perpetual", "Dr. Sol's Elegance", "Dr. Sol's Nucleo" -- or make multiple color themes defined in info.json, similar to the default Material Design skin. https://www.mediamonkey.com/wiki/Skinni ... _your_skin
Student electrical-computer engineer, web programmer, part-time MediaMonkey developer, full-time MediaMonkey enthusiast
I uploaded many addons to MM's addon page, but not all of those were created by me. "By drakinite, Submitted by drakinite" means I made it on my own time. "By Ventis Media, Inc., Submitted by drakinite" means it may have been made by me or another MediaMonkey developer, so instead of crediting/thanking me, please thank the team. You can still ask me for support on any of our addons.
snowleopard

Post by snowleopard »

Dr.Sol wrote: Mon Jul 25, 2022 8:20 am Hello Snowleopard,

Tank you for your suggestion. I will absolutely take it under consideration. Especially I liked the look of lamps that lights up a scale on a radio. Hm, hm. Now I have to think.
I would appreciate it, That was my favorite Winamp skin and I saw that yours was so close, but the gold / yellow color in Dr. Sol's Perpetual seems to have a greenish gold tint to me, it is always hard to nail the exact color.
Dr.Sol

Post by Dr.Sol »

A major update of Perpetual skin is made. It's pretty extensive changes, but hopefully to the better, so I release it as a new version instead of a new skin. Whats new: Added lamps lighting up the panels, black window list and toolbar. Changed hover behavior + some small adjustments. (Click here if you want to see it before it has been approved on the MM-addons page).
MM-Gold user since 2005
Erwin Hanzl

Post by Erwin Hanzl »

Hello Johan,

Open MMW 5.0.4.2663
Tools> Addons ... Add ... perpetualB00.mmip
ERROR: Invalid Addon!
MMW 4.1.31.1919 Gold-Standardinstallation
Dr.Sol

Post by Dr.Sol »

Oh!, so infuriating. Looks like I have missed something. I'll get back...
MM-Gold user since 2005
Dr.Sol

Post by Dr.Sol »

Now it is possible download a the new skin version here . (I missed that the zip-tool made an subdirectory in the .mmip-files :-? but now it is fixed :D )

And thank you very much Erwin for telling me when it didn't work!
MM-Gold user since 2005
Erwin Hanzl

Post by Erwin Hanzl »

Hello Johan,

the new TOOLBAR has been available since some versions of MM5.
This is displayed illegibly.

Dark Monkey:

P.S.: You can send me the .mmip in advance for testing. I think you still have my email address.
MMW 4.1.31.1919 Gold-Standardinstallation
Dr.Sol

Post by Dr.Sol »

Oh, more details to adjust. It looks like I have to update the MM5 version after all, though I had trouble doing that last time I tried, so it was easier rolling back to the b1243 that worked, than solving the problem. (Yes, I send you the .mmip in advance when it works for me, thank you Erwin for all help)
MM-Gold user since 2005