Functionality of the Addons

Get help for different MediaMonkey 5 Addons.

Moderators: jiri, drakinite, Addon Administrators

sonos

Functionality of the Addons

Post by sonos »

In the Addons window I find many pre-installed Addons starting with a thumbnail/icon as the first entry followed by the name of the Addon. Some of these Addons I find in the menus. Others like "Status bar selected track color" I can't find.
My question: can someone explain the concept? How do I find e.g. "Status bar selected track color"?

Thanks in advanced
drakinite

Re: Functionality of the Addons

Post by drakinite »

Addons don't all have to add menu actions. Sometimes they can tweak already-existing behaviors, or simply make small modifications to appearance. For example, this addon simply changes the clickable region of the player's seekbar.

The "Status bar selected track color" is just as simple. All it does is darken the text color of the "Selected" part of the status bar. It could have been built into the skin, but it can help serve as a demonstration for how to make small tweaks to the skin.
Student electrical-computer engineer, web programmer, part-time MediaMonkey developer, full-time MediaMonkey enthusiast
I uploaded many addons to MM's addon page, but not all of those were created by me. "By drakinite, Submitted by drakinite" means I made it on my own time. "By Ventis Media, Inc., Submitted by drakinite" means it may have been made by me or another MediaMonkey developer, so instead of crediting/thanking me, please thank the team. You can still ask me for support on any of our addons.
sonos

Re: Functionality of the Addons

Post by sonos »

Thanks for clarifying!
I always thought addons are activated by the user to trigger some activity.