Playlists not showing up on ipods (several versions)

Get answers about using MediaMonkey 4 for Windows.

Moderator: Gurus

roboref

Playlists not showing up on ipods (several versions)

Post by roboref »

I've used MM for years. LOVE IT. I listen to podcasts on my (several) iPods several hours a day and have synced thousands of hours of podcasts. I can't tell you how much I appreciate MM and have been impressed with how helpful the forums are and how kind and helpful the moderators are.
I tried MM5 a couple of months ago, but reverted back to MM4. I didn't care for the interface of MM5.
MM4 worked just fine since then, until yesterday. I don't think I got any updates, but when I tried to sync my iPod Nano, the sync seemed to work as usual, the playlists showed as being in the Nano, but when I ejected my Nano, it displayed that there is "no music". Unfortunately, I tried it next on my two different shuffles, and so, lost my playlists on three iPods. :(
I've read several posts describing very similar problems on MM5 in the last week, but I'm not quite savvy enough to figure out if I can solve this MM4 problem in similar ways. Or, if I will have to upgrade (I have paid for lifetime Gold for it already, but went back to 4 because I liked it better.) to MM5. Or, if that will not even solve my problem.
I get that upgrading to MM5 could solve this specific problem. I don't want that to be the first option though. (I'm not even sure it will, since I saw this specific problem being discussed on the MM5 threads)
Thanks in advance for any help -
Pam
Lowlander

Re: Playlists not showing up on ipods (several versions)

Post by Lowlander »

Try with this updated plugin: https://www.mediamonkey.com/addons/brow ... nc-plugin/ It should fix this issue for you.