iPod Nano Sync No Music error is fixed

Get answers about syncing MediaMonkey 4 with iPods and other devices.

Moderator: Gurus

OldPilot

Post by OldPilot »

My iPod Nano 3rd Gen worked perfectly when I had loaded it with Itunes. I uninstalled Itunes in favor of Media Monkey. Then as soon as I connected the iPod to MM, it would cause the installed music to not be visible once I ejected it from MM. The iPod would simply say "No Music". I tried several actions: restarting, rebooting, reinstall Itunes (which resulted in restore the iPod). Probably, I performed a half dozen variety of attempts.

The apparent secret was to load the current plugin: iPod Sync Plugin 12.12.2. As soon that was in MM. I connected the iPod Nano, transferred a couple of tracks to the device, ejected, and then the iPod showed all the tracks where it could not before. Needless to say: I am now happy.

Now the next issue is how to clean up the installed devices menu. Going to the Options menu: Tools>Options>Portable Device Sync->: I find I have 43 devices listed. There are many iPod devices. I think every time I connected my Nano to Itunes, completed a restore, and then went back to MM, the result was the creation of a new device entry in this database. This one Nano is not the only iPod device I have. How do I distinguish one iPod entry from another? How do I clean this mess up?
Peke

Re: iPod Nano Sync No Music error is fixed

Post by Peke »

Hi,
Make sure that you connect the iPod to PC. MM will not allow you to delete connected device Profile.
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts