Add/Rescan acts ok, but tracks not loaded

Get answers about using MediaMonkey 4 for Windows.

Moderator: Gurus

frankvg

Add/Rescan acts ok, but tracks not loaded

Post by frankvg »

Using the Add/Rescan to load a new mp3 album (which has worked fine many times before). Acts fine and states it has loaded 11 tracks (or if doing it a second time, updated 11 tracks). The album and tracks are nowhere to be found. Looking under the album name, the artist's name shows nothing. Search on album, artist, or track name finds nothing. Using Windows Explorer, double-clicking on a track, it plays fine in Media Monkey - just can't get it to appear in the Music selection lists. When playing, I checked the album and artist to confirm values are set correctly in the MP3 file ID3 tags. I've never had this happen before. Using MM Gold, 4.1.31.1919. Windows 10 Pro, 10.0.19044.

Log of the "Add" shows:
==== UPDATED ====
F:\Documents\My Music\Helen Jane Long\Perspective\01 - Outside.mp3
F:\Documents\My Music\Helen Jane Long\Perspective\02 - Given.mp3
F:\Documents\My Music\Helen Jane Long\Perspective\03 - Journey.mp3
F:\Documents\My Music\Helen Jane Long\Perspective\04 - Perspective.mp3
F:\Documents\My Music\Helen Jane Long\Perspective\05 - Truth.mp3
F:\Documents\My Music\Helen Jane Long\Perspective\06 - Overwhelmed.mp3
F:\Documents\My Music\Helen Jane Long\Perspective\07 - Arrival.mp3
F:\Documents\My Music\Helen Jane Long\Perspective\08 - Chance.mp3
F:\Documents\My Music\Helen Jane Long\Perspective\09 - Messenger.mp3
F:\Documents\My Music\Helen Jane Long\Perspective\10 - Ignite.mp3
F:\Documents\My Music\Helen Jane Long\Perspective\11 - Fallen.mp3
IanRTaylorUK

Re: Add/Rescan acts ok, but tracks not loaded

Post by IanRTaylorUK »

Hi Frankvg,

I would try using the Entire Library node to list ALL media files. Then add the column "Added" if not already available. Then use the "Added" column title to sort. Move to the very top (or bottom depending on the sort order) and see if the files are present.

If present then you need to add column to understand why excluded from previous choices e.g. Media and Type.

Keep a note of the total number of files from the status bar for future reference i.e. using the Entire Library / Show Details view of ALL your library.

Hope this helps.
Ian Taylor