Multi-screen opening [#18683]

Help improve MediaMonkey 5 by testing the latest pre-release builds, and reporting bugs and feature requests.

Moderator: Gurus

Nihilism

Multi-screen opening [#18683]

Post by Nihilism »

I don't know if this is a bug or feature request. I'm currently using MMW 5.0.2.2523 and normal behaviour is when I open MMW it opens on my primary screen. I would prefer for it to open on the last screen it was playing on (I run 3 screens). I think that on one of the previous versions at some point that it did remember which screen it was closed on, but I may be mistaken.

Thank you.
Peke

Re: Multi-screen opening

Post by Peke »

Hi,
You are using older version please try with latest build from viewtopic.php?f=30&t=86639&sd=d
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
rusty

Post by rusty »

fyi, I was able to test this in a 2-monitor configuration in Extended mode with MediaMonkey 5.0.2.2528 and MediaMonkey always opened in the screen in which it was last closed.

-Rusty
Nihilism

Post by Nihilism »

Just tried again with 5.0.2.2528 and it still keeps opening on my Primary screen even though I'm closing it, or restarting it, on Screen 1 (not Primary). My configuration is my laptop screen as Screen 1, a BENQ GW2765 as Screen 2 (set as Primary in the middle of the other two), and an old BENQ FP931 as Screen 3. I will download the Debug version and send that info.
Peke

Post by Peke »

Hi,
Just wondered, wwas MM5 Maximized on Monitor 2 and if yes can you try with MM5 not maximized on monitor 2 and make sure that whole MM window is on Monitor 2?
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
Nihilism

Post by Nihilism »

You got it! Just tested it and it will open on correct screen when not Maximized, but fails whenever it is. So now I just manually stretch it to full screen (almost) and it functions correctly.
rusty

Post by rusty »

viking74

Re: Multi-screen opening [#18683]

Post by viking74 »

It seems 5.02.2531 has changed it's behaviour, MM no longer need to be maximized to re-open in a different monitor. Move MM to the secondary monitor (NOT maximized) then close and reopen, it opens in the secondary monitor, as expected. After a PC restart MM will always open in my primary monitor even though it was closed in the secondary monitor (NOT maximized). I did not have this issue with the previous stable version. If it matters my primary monitor is UHD and the secondary if FHD.
viking74

Post by viking74 »

After some more experimentation it seems MM 5.02.2531 has the most problems opening on the correct monitor when minimized to the mini-player. Move MM5 to secondary monitor fully open (but Not maximized) then minimize to the mini-player then click 'X' to close. Re-open MM5, it will always open on the primary monitor in the top left corner even without a PC restart. If you then move the mini-player to the secondary monitor and click the expand button it opens on the primary monitor in the top left corner. Now if I move than window back to the secondary monitor I can minimize and expand all I want and it stays on the secondary monitor until I close MM5 in the mini-player state, then it starts all over again.
Nihilism

Opening on Primary screen again [#18683]

Post by Nihilism »

The latest version has reverted to the behaviour in [Ticket #3352] again. Three screens, running MM5 5.3.2619 full screen on secondary screen. When closed (File -> Exit, or X in top-right) MM5 always reopens full screen on Primary screen.
Last edited by Lowlander on Thu May 05, 2022 12:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Merged with existing post
Lowlander

Re: Opening on Primary screen again.

Post by Lowlander »

Nihilism

Post by Nihilism »

Oops, sorry! I've been using it manually 'maximised', since that works, and forgot all about it when I noticed the behaviour after the new version got installed.