iPod Nano 4g doesn't play or show songs or podcasts

Get answers about using MediaMonkey 4 for Windows.

Moderator: Gurus

kaichandler

iPod Nano 4g doesn't play or show songs or podcasts

Post by kaichandler »

I can sync podcasts, music and playlist to my iPod Nano 4g with MM4 or MM5 and they show up in MM as being on the iPod and I can play them from the iPod via MM but if I disconnect the iPod they can't be seen or played. If I reconnect the USB, MM still reports them once again as being there on the iPod.

I've tried resetting the iPod.

I realize the iPod's getting a bit old but is there anything I can do to rescue it please?
Lowlander

Re: iPod Nano 4g doesn't play or show songs or podcasts

Post by Lowlander »

You need to update to the latest plugin for the iPod in MediaMonkey: https://www.mediamonkey.com/addons/brow ... nc-plugin/
kaichandler

Post by kaichandler »

thanks, that installed successfully but there's no change. MM shows me the music, podcasts and playlists are on the iPod but they don't show on the iPod itself.

One thing I've noticed is that the following popup appears a few seconds after I plug the iPod into the PC:

H: This file does not have an app associated with it for performing this action. Please install an app, or if one is already installed, create an association in the Default Apps Settings Page.

https://ibb.co/TMCLfBV

Strange I've been using MM with iPods for years but this problem started a few weeks back and is consistent between different PCs and iPod versions. Could it be the iPod?

Any other suggestions?
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Did you reset in iTunes and Sync again with MediaMonkey after updating the plugin?
kaichandler

Post by kaichandler »

Yes, I downloaded the latest iTunes 12.12.2.2, installed iPod support when requested and reset the iPod.

Is there a way to be sure I've installed the iPod drivers correctly? I had an error message so manually copied the files mentioned in the screenshot and then selected ignore to complete the installation. I was prompted to take admin privilege several times even though running from an administrator account.

I retried synch but the iPod doesn't 'play' the files, even though MM shows they are there.
Last edited by kaichandler on Fri Dec 17, 2021 1:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

You could go into that location with File Explorer and rename the file yourself, then install the Addon again.
kaichandler

Post by kaichandler »

Yes I did exactly that.

Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

In that case remove the d_iPod.dll file that currently exists and then install the Addon. Does that work?
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Alternatively you can rename the .mmip file for the Addon to .zip and just extract the d_iPod.dll to where it supposed to go.
kaichandler

Post by kaichandler »

Lowlander wrote: Fri Dec 17, 2021 1:38 pm In that case remove the d_iPod.dll file that currently exists and then install the Addon. Does that work?
Yes!!!!! Early days but I believe it may have worked. Thanks very much Lowlander!

Do you know why the installer errored?
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

No, may have been a rights issue, or because the file already existed.
cumdemon420

Post by cumdemon420 »

I have the same issue but MM is on a chromebook an it's a 7gb