How can I request a new skin?

Get help for different MediaMonkey 5 Addons.

Moderators: jiri, drakinite, Addon Administrators

midfielder

How can I request a new skin?

Post by midfielder »

Or rather a MM5 version of a classic skin? I love the Glided skin that was built by Morten. Unfortunately they don't seem to be active on this forum anymore. Is there a place where I can request an updated version of that skin? I am not sure if offering payment is appropriate, and what would be an acceptable amount, but I would be happy to contribute.

Many thanks,
John
Lowlander

Re: How can I request a new skin?

Post by Lowlander »

MM4 skins are not compatible with MM5, thus it would require a fully new Skin to recreate an MM4 look.
pokeefe0001

Post by pokeefe0001 »

Lowlander wrote: Sat Dec 18, 2021 4:06 pm MM4 skins are not compatible with MM5, thus it would require a fully new Skin to recreate an MM4 look.
I don't think that really answered John's question. I have a similar question. I cannot migrate my users to MM5 until it looks and feels pretty much like MM4 - MM4 with the Blue Monkey skin in my case. I realized that old skins are not compatible with MM5 and that new ones need to be created. So how do we request that those new skins be created?

Patrick
MMV4 (1919) Portable
MMW5 (2606) Portable
Multiple Win11 x64 21H2
Multiple Win7 x32, unknown builds
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

By asking here. Maybe an Addon developer will pick this up.
drakinite

Post by drakinite »

So far, we have had skins made by TIV73, crutchcorn, Dr.Sol, Radon, and Blackcat12. We don't have any sort of request system in place, so yes, here is a good spot for now.
Student electrical-computer engineer, web programmer, part-time MediaMonkey developer, full-time MediaMonkey enthusiast
I uploaded many addons to MM's addon page, but not all of those were created by me. "By drakinite, Submitted by drakinite" means I made it on my own time. "By Ventis Media, Inc., Submitted by drakinite" means it may have been made by me or another MediaMonkey developer, so instead of crediting/thanking me, please thank the team. You can still ask me for support on any of our addons.
Toemmel

Anything similar like Glided skin for MM5 available?

Post by Toemmel »

Hi everyone,

to be honest, actually I'm a little bit disappointed of MM5 because it has an complete other look and feel since there is no availability of the "Glided" skin, that I was a big fan of.

That's the reason why I did't like to switch to MM5 until now...

Are there some good news about the "Glided" skin? Or do I have to switch to one of the "modern", but more unclear skins? Can anybody recommend a similar skin comparable to "Glided"?
drakinite

Post by drakinite »

Hi all,
I've created a new thread dedicated to skin & addon requests. Please refer to the new thread, and post your requests there: viewtopic.php?f=32&p=492800
Regarding midfielder's suggestion of paying a bounty to someone for making a specific skin: I think that's an excellent incentive for third party devs, if you have the money and are willing to offer it. If you wish to make a bounty for a skin or addon, feel free to bring it up in your post. You don't have to, but it may be beneficial to include your budget or initial offer for the bounty. I would suggest that you make yourself available to the potential addon developers to contact you & work out an agreement with them in private. For example, if you frequently use Discord, you could include your handle and ask them to contact you there.
Student electrical-computer engineer, web programmer, part-time MediaMonkey developer, full-time MediaMonkey enthusiast
I uploaded many addons to MM's addon page, but not all of those were created by me. "By drakinite, Submitted by drakinite" means I made it on my own time. "By Ventis Media, Inc., Submitted by drakinite" means it may have been made by me or another MediaMonkey developer, so instead of crediting/thanking me, please thank the team. You can still ask me for support on any of our addons.
midfielder

Post by midfielder »

Thanks all - will post in the new thread.