cannot sync MMW with MMA

Get answers about the current release of MediaMonkey for Android

Moderator: Gurus

toadfool

cannot sync MMW with MMA

Post by toadfool »

i have had to rebuild my Xiaomi phone (Mi Note 10 lite) onto which i have downloaded MMA 1.4.5.0960. (licence: media monkey pro). This morning i started a sync with MMW 5.0.1.2433* running on my xiaomi laptop, which did start, but then failed, with only some tracks downloaded, and no playlists.

*i also have MMW 4.1.28.1905 installed, i don't know why.

on MMA "Sync now" always shows....connecting...(spins for a few minutes) then "Sync Incomplete, connection failed!"

on MMA, under options > Wi-Fi Sync > Select Sync Server it shows "Sync server: MediaMonkey Library (ANNXIAOMILAPTOP)
and sync settings > Mi Note 10 Lite Internal shared storage (which seems correct).

On MMW5, under devices and services, it shows the phone as disconnected, last sync this morning. the Sync option under the three dot menu is not accessible.

i've tried whatever help i can find but i don't seem to be able to execute any of the steps.
Lowlander

Re: cannot sync MMW with MMA

Post by Lowlander »

Sync in MMW is only available when the device is connected via USB to the PC. MMW can't do wifi Sync, only MMA can.

I'd recommend updating to the latest 5.0.2 test release as there have been many bug fixes: viewtopic.php?f=30&t=86639&sd=d

Wifi Sync troubleshooting: https://www.mediamonkey.com/support/kno ... rk-at-all/
toadfool

Post by toadfool »

thanks so much lowlander. i tried everything i could out of what you linked (i understand about 1% of it) BUT miraculously using the usb cable managed to sync today (even though yesterday i spent hours trying to get it through all the songs using the cable, where it would get a fatal error just a few songs from the end, then start all over again). maybe upgrading to the beta version helped, anyway, whatever, my phone is now synced!!!!!!

i would really like to be able to sync via wifi, but really i can't follow all the complexity of the troubleshooting. mediamonkey is just beautiful when it works, but gosh there's no way normal people can do that troubleshooting.

thanks anyway. i really appreciate that you tried.

tf
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Wifi Sync often fails because the device is on a wifi that doesn't allow you to see other devices (often the case with guest wifi) or because the PC Firewall is blocking MediaMonkey. Those are both external factors to MediaMonkey.

In MediaMonkey itself, it could be that the device isn't allowed to connect in the Media Server settings on the Clients tab: https://www.mediamonkey.com/wiki/WebHel ... PnP_(DLNA)
toadfool

Post by toadfool »

Thank you. I will try that when I can. I might send you some screen shots.

It's my own WiFi at home, not As a guest. It started the WiFi sync the first time after I rebuilt the phone, but then failed (I had to walk away and did not see what happened). So unlikely to be a settings issue?

Thanks. tf.