problems exporting music to ipod classic - "no music found"

Get answers about syncing MediaMonkey 4 with iPods and other devices.

Moderator: Gurus

Shakadula5153

Re: problems exporting music to ipod classic - "no music found"

Post by Shakadula5153 »

My iPOD classic 80 gig is no longer synching even though it appears to synch. My question is will my iPhone running ios 15 continue to synch if I install the iPOD plug in? I would rather not mess up my ios 15 iPhone synching.

Again, My ios 15 iPhone takes forever to synch to my iPhone and I must synch each playlist individually. 2 Gig of music takes 90 minutes. Any fixes in the works?

Thanks
Lenovo Laptop:
12th Gen i5 Intel processor
64 bit OS
Windows 11
256 Gig SSD, 8 Gig RAM,

Software

* Primary Apps: MediaMonkey 5 (not GOLD yet).
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

iOS (like iPhone) and non-iOS (like iPod Classic) use a different plugin, thus updating the d_iPod.dll doesn't affect iOS Sync.

Updating the plugin doesn't fix the iPod. It fixes the problem that synced files on a new Sync aren't seen by the device. Feel free to open a Support Ticket if you can't resolve this.
Squifurgie

Re: iPod has no music on it

Post by Squifurgie »

Thanks Peke!

I got it all working with your instructions!
dud999

Post by dud999 »

Hey Lowlander,

Quick follow up to see if you have further advice for me with my issue, thanks.
chris 86

IPOD shows "No Music" after adding files in MM4

Post by chris 86 »

After connecting my IPOD classic to MM4 and adding some tracks the IPOD shows "No music" despite there being data stored on it. On reconnecting to MM4 all the tracks & albums are visible and can be manipulated!
MM4 has done the same thing exactly with my IPOD NANO.
What am I doing wrong? I have had both devices for some years using MM without problem. Can you help me please?
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

MediaMonkey 4 requires am updated plugin:
iPod's (all non-iOS devices): https://www.mediamonkey.com/addons/brow ... nc-plugin/
iPhone's (all iOS devices): https://www.mediamonkey.com/addons/brow ... c-plug-in/

for Sync to work. This has been fixed in MediaMonkey 5.0.2.
Syn

Re: iPod has no music on it

Post by Syn »

Peke wrote: Sat Dec 18, 2021 7:22 pm Hi,
Then you have found your issue. Right click on MM shortcut -> Run as administrator and you will have that option.
I have done this but the check box is still not allowing the “User” to be unchecked.

Deleted the dlls, uninstalled the iPod updated under the extensions, downloaded a fresh plugin for iPods and tried to run as admin and it allowed me to uncheck the box during install but still failed.
Peke

Post by Peke »

Hi,
Syn wrote: Tue Apr 19, 2022 11:34 ambut still failed.
Is your ipod disconnected when you try to install Plugin? Have you tried and searched for d_ipod files on your hdd. It is possible taht it is still cached in some hidden folder and protected.
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
Andyg4oep

Post by Andyg4oep »

Thank you for your reply to my post, and those of others. I am still struggling. I am using an ipod classic 8Gb and mm4. I have installed the ipod addon 12.12.2, but find the problem of database corruption continues. I find there is no d.ipod.dll file in MM4's plugin folder even after installing the addon. I expect this might be the cause of the problem. Can I find this elsewhere,and add it manually ? Is there some other fix ?