Playlist folders in MMW5 not syncing to MMA, among other things

Get answers about the current release of MediaMonkey for Android

Moderator: Gurus

jonnet97030

Playlist folders in MMW5 not syncing to MMA, among other things

Post by jonnet97030 »

Some background - I'm trying to move my wife from iTunes to MMW5/A because of its support for playlist folders/nested playlists/hierarchical playlists/whatever you want to call them, so that I can give her as close to an iTunes/iPod experience and retention of her music organization system as is feasible. I imported her iTunes library into MMW5 and, after fixing the playlist folders not importing correctly, she rebuilt her playlist folders, we got MMW5 to sync with the phone by putting the phone's SD card in the computer, and selected music, playlists, and audiobooks to sync server > device. Her phone's microUSB port is messed up so that's the only way to connect it at the moment until I figure out the whole wi-fi sync thing.

The main issue is that none of the playlists that were in playlist folders in MMW5 transferred to the phone, and we can find no way to either find, make, or transfer playlist folders to MMA. Is there a setting I'm missing? If it's something like wi-fi sync only, is there a way for me to make it so that nothing else can connect or request to connect besides her phone? We turned that on, and she got a dozen connection requests from linux devices that were not her phone, so we subsequently turned it off.
Lowlander

Re: Playlist folders in MMW5 not syncing to MMA, among other things

Post by Lowlander »

To get the Playlist structure you need to Sync directly to the phone. As USB Sync is out, you'll need to use wifi Sync instead.

All Media Clients will automatically try to connect to Media Servers like MediaMonkey. There is nothing to disable this, but enable/disable which clients are allowed to connect: https://www.mediamonkey.com/wiki/WebHel ... PnP_(DLNA)