Scanning for Lyrics, saving them shortly interrupts playback with a noise [#17180]

Help improve MediaMonkey 5 by testing the latest pre-release builds, and reporting bugs and feature requests.

Moderator: Gurus

Zonky

Scanning for Lyrics, saving them shortly interrupts playback with a noise [#17180]

Post by Zonky »

Hi!

Running MMW v 5.0.2.2531, I noticed that there is a short interruption < 1s or at least a short noise when MMW has finished searching for lyrics and refreshes the list.

I cannot describe this more precisely, however, it happens nearly all time when I play one of my MP3 songs taht does not habe any lyrics yet. While double clicking the song to play, on the right side , guess it's called preview panel, where the album cover is shown and some details of the currently playing song, a small wheel is spinning searching for lyrics.

When MMW was successful it obviously saves the lyrics to its database and right while this happen and while the list refreshes, I noticed this short interruption of the song, it's more like a noise.

I've set up MMW that it automatically searches for lyrics using all currently available sources.

Anyone noticed that, too?

Additional note: this happens, too, when doing some rating of the currently paying song. Each time I click into the column with the five star rating and modifying the content, the song interrupts for a fraction of a second (no noise though). It happens also when editing the properties of any other song while another is just playing. Auto updating of lyrics is set to true in settings!
So, this might be a common issue with this version when updating the database?
Lowlander

Re: Scanning for Lyrics, saving them shortly interrupts playback with a noise

Post by Lowlander »

Which Output Plugin (Tools > Options > Audio Output) are you using? If not MediaMonkey DirectSound can you try it instead and see if it remedies the problem?
Zonky

Post by Zonky »

I'm indeed using MM DirectSound output. Did not even know this setting exists :D

This playback interruption did not exist in one of the previous version, I could bet. Nevertheless, for my tests I've now disable hardware acceleration in the DirectSound output codec, restarted MM and it seems this issues disappeared. FWIW, without restarting this problem does not vanish.

I've tested this updated setting using the same steps as before: e.g. when automatic lyrics updates happened, modifying ratings or modifying the songs' properties. All of those steps now work w/o any interruption..

This hardware acceleration has always been in place since I've never looked into this settings before...
MiPi

Post by MiPi »

This is caused by the fact, that currently playing file is tagged. We try to do it as fluently as possible, so you will not notice, that currently playing file was changed, but sometimes it is not easily doable. We plan to change workflow (as part of issue https://www.ventismedia.com/mantis/view.php?id=17180), so that currently playing file is physically tagged just after the end of the playback. This should fix such problems.
Zonky

Post by Zonky »

Thanks for the feedback!