Classification Playlist Errors

Help improve MediaMonkey 5 by testing the latest pre-release builds, and reporting bugs and feature requests.

Moderator: Gurus

ptoinson

Classification Playlist Errors

Post by ptoinson »

First, thanks for MM. I've been a long time user and really appreciate what you folks.

I'm running MM 5.0.2.2531under parallels.

I collect a lot of music for DJing. After I've purchased a batch, I put them in playlists. Usually by Right clicking -> Send To - Playlist ...

In culling my DJ playlists, I use Properties -> Classification: Playlists to see which playlist a track is in.

With MM5, I noticed that the information in Classification: Playlists is often missing Playlist(s). I made you an example. In the first image, I've brought up the Properties modal from right clicking on "Matano Trumpet Jam" in the "Techno" Playlist. You can see both the selected Playlist and the selected Song in the image. It shows the "Jazzy Beats" playlist but not "Techno". It should show both as this Song is in 2 playlists.

I'm also a developer and LOVE the SQL Tool. As you can see in this image below, the SQL Query shows that this Song is indeed in 2 Playlists.

This seems to happen quite a lot. I notice that some playlists work while others do not. My Techno playlist for example. When selecting Properties -> Classification for any track in the Techno playlist, there are no tracks where Techno shows up in Classification: Playlists. However, for the TechHouse Playlist, I'm not seeing any issues. TechHouse seems to shows up properly in all Classification:Playlists.

Hope this helps in some way. Keep up the great work.
Lowlander

Re: Classification Playlist Errors

Post by Lowlander »

Peke

Post by Peke »

ptoinson wrote: Sat Dec 25, 2021 6:30 pm First, thanks for MM. I've been a long time user and really appreciate what you folks.

I'm running MM 5.0.2.2531under parallels.

Hope this helps in some way. Keep up the great work.
If rebuild do not help, all info really help confirming possibility of an problem. May I ask you to open support ticket and send us compressed your MM5.DB in order that we can followup exact query you presented here. There is two possible issues, one that DB is corrupted and we need to determine how and why it happened and second that there is a bug in MM that needs to be fixed. In both cases we need to analyze the DB and replicate same behavior you see, which should be easy (based on all things you provided) and will give us means to fix or prevent such issues in future and find reasons/workaround for it.

Thank you for support and belief in us.
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
ptoinson

Post by ptoinson »

Thanks for the replies. I have indeed tried rebuilding the DB and the issue remains. I will create a ticket and attach a compressed copy of my current DB.
Ludek

Post by Ludek »

OK, analyzing your MM.DB now and seeing the problem,
we are using this SQL to fetch the playlists:

Code: Select all

SELECT Playlists.* FROM Playlists, PlaylistSongs WHERE PlaylistSongs.idPlaylist = Playlists.idPlaylist AND PlaylistSongs.idSong =89563 AND IsAutoPlaylist = 0
but your "Techno" playlist has IsAutoPlaylist value empty instead of zero. This is quite unexpected, did you change the value manually or do you use any third party addons?

This can be corrected by using this SQL:

Code: Select all

UPDATE Playlists SET IsAutoPlaylist = 0 WHERE IsAutoPlaylist = ''
I'll add the same SQL as upgrade for the next build (to auto-correct such a unexpected database state).
ptoinson

Post by ptoinson »

Thanks for the info. I'm not really sure how the IsAutoPlaylist got set that way. I was looking back at my version 4 database and there is quite a number of records with IsAutoPlaylist set to the empty string. Though, not all of them. The plugins I have are SQL-Viewer, USB Mass Storage and what looks like Zvezdan - Update Location of Files in Database. I don't make it a habit of writing SQL Update queries for the DB unless it's on another computer. I do recall writing a few when I moved all the music files to another disc drive ages ago. I've had MM for quite some time, so I suppose anything is possible.

I do very much appreciate your help. I was able to get it back in order and it's working properly.

Keep up the great work.

Regards,

-rick
Ludek

Post by Ludek »

OK, thanks for the confirmation.

I've also added the same SQL query (to correct the situation) already, i.e. is performed on 5.0.2 -> 5.0.3.2600 update.