Song Skipping

Help improve MediaMonkey 5 by testing the latest pre-release builds, and reporting bugs and feature requests.

Moderator: Gurus

MPG

Song Skipping

Post by MPG »

Can anyone recreate this:
1) play a song
2) use the Alt + direction key to move the highlighted cell from Title to Artist to Album. Go in either direction

Does the song skip forward and/or backward?

Also,
If you keep pressing Alt+left arrow past the first column, MM5 starts to cycle through the left panel instead of stopping. Sometimes, It doesn't even have to be at the first column, it just instantly skips to the left panel.

Alt+Right arrow works as expected.
TIA
MPG
Triumph - Hold On: Music holds the secret, to know it can make you whole.
Lowlander

Re: Song Skipping

Post by Lowlander »

Which Build (Help > About) are you using?

Alt+Left does not affect playback for me on 5.0.2
Alt+Left does navigate in the Media Tree (Alt+Right doesn't).

What is the specific function of Alt+Arrow (as arrow itself already does the same)?
MPG

Post by MPG »

Wow, I didn't actually know the arrows worked without Alt.... and I've been using this tool for how long? To use to Microsoft's hotkeys I guess.

I'll try to capture the exact key sequence that creates the song skipping.
TIA
MPG
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

My problem in understanding if the tree navigation is a bug is that I don't know what Alt+Arrow is designed to do.

The playback skipping I can't reproduce, thus a debug log (step 4b) send to support would help a developer analyze why it does in your setup: viewtopic.php?f=30&t=86643
MPG

Post by MPG »

I noticed a difference between Alt+Arrow vs Arrow. When you just use the arrow, the focus moves from field to field and the tracklist also slides in that direction as well (my columns extend beyond the screen size creating a horizontal scroll bar). Using Alt+Arrow, keeps the track listing in places and move the focus from field to field.

HTH's.
TIA
MPG
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Check your Hotkeys. You may have Alt+Left/Alt+Right already assigned to History: Previous view/Next view which is being executed. Alt+Right doesn't show this unless you have gone back in history.