Media Monkey no longer shows up on network

Get answers about sharing MediaMonkey for Windows 4 with different devices.

Moderator: Gurus

sweit

Media Monkey no longer shows up on network

Post by sweit »

Hello,

I'm using media monkey 4 gold. I used to be able to stream to my Onkyo receiver and my iphone. About 6 months ago, Media monkey stopped showing up in the list of servers on these devices. Does anyone have any ideas what might be causing this issue?

Thank you,
Steve
Lowlander

Re: Media Monkey no longer shows up on network

Post by Lowlander »

Possibly the firewall blocking MediaMonkey: https://www.mediamonkey.com/support/kno ... ccessible/
sweit

Post by sweit »

I tried completely disabling the firewall and Media Monkey still does not show up on my network. I also upgraded to media monkey 5 and it still does not show up on the network.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Did you make sure it's enabled: https://www.mediamonkey.com/wiki/WebHel ... ervers/5.0

Are the other devices on the same network (wifi sometimes can block devices from seeing each other, especially guest wifi)?
sweit

Post by sweit »

Hello,

I can see my PC from other devices on my network and I can see other devices on my network from the PC. In the MM options, I cannot see any devices listed in the clients window of the server. Nothing changes when I disable the firewall.

Thank you,
Steve
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Does:
1) The server have the Enabled checkbox enabled?
2) Share automatically with all new devices enabled?

You could try to do a separate Portable Install of MediaMonkey 5 and see if you can configure it to be seen. However that may not work either as the upgrade to MediaMonkey 5 failed. However if you don't let the new install import an old database there is a chance that it works.