iPod Touch Problem

Get answers about the current version of MediaMonkey 5

Moderator: Gurus

gmosley

iPod Touch Problem

Post by gmosley »

Up until the last couple of MM updates, I've been able to load MP3s onto my 1st generation iPod Touch without problem. With the current release (5.0.2.2531), I get an error, often as the copy operation is completing the last item in a multiple selection list. Short lists seem to often work while longer lists experience this problem. When I select "Continue", MM gets stuck in "Preparing playlist". When I try to terminate MM at this point, I get the popup message "Background processes are running. Terminate them?". Responding "Yes" leaves the activity icon (top right corner) spinning "forever". I have to use Windows Task Manager to kill the process.
Lowlander

Re: iPod Touch Problem

Post by Lowlander »

What does the error say?
gmosley

Post by gmosley »

Too bad I can't post the image but it says:

Application throw an exception Access violation at address 0B3DEE30 in module 'd_iPhone.dll'. Read of address 00000008

followed by three Restart/Continue buttons.
Peke

Post by Peke »

Hi,
Please install latest Debug version from viewtopic.php?f=30&t=86639&sd=d

That will threw Error sending dialog that could help us locate the error. especially if paired with debug log as described here viewtopic.php?f=30&t=86643.

HINT: you can always open support ticket and attach image ;) and there is tutorial on how to add images to posts in my signature.
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
gmosley

Post by gmosley »

OK. Debug operation completed and log (hopefully) transmitted.
Ludek

Post by Ludek »

Hi, analyzing your log and see that the access violation happned in d_iPhone.dll while it was writing track medata to the iPod's SQLite database, this used to be the case for older iPods (prior to iOS 5).
Can you open support ticket to continue solving this? I'll need to add more debug messages to d_iPhone.dll to see what's going wrong there. I have tens of iPod/iPhone models, but all are either non-iOS iPod devices (like iPodNano, iPod Classic) or iOS devices with iOS version higher than 5.
gmosley

Post by gmosley »

Thanks. Will do.