MMW5 Addon & Skin Requests

Get help for different MediaMonkey 5 Addons.

Moderators: jiri, drakinite, Addon Administrators

drakinite

MMW5 Addon & Skin Requests

Post by drakinite »

Here, users can place their requests for third party addons and skins. We have had a few users asking for a place to request skins, so here you can do just that.
Addon developers & Skin creators: Feel free to take up any of the suggestions!

Guidelines for this thread:
  1. Please take a look through the thread to see if the skin/addon that you are thinking of requesting has already been suggested. If it has, please simply type something like "+1 for White Vitreous". This way, skin/addon devs can quickly get a feel for how many people want a particular addon.
  2. Please avoid posting multiple times in this thread, to keep it from exploding into several pages. If someone suggests an addon you'd also like after you already posted a reply on this thread, or you come up with extra suggestions, please simply edit your reply and add your +1 to a new line. The goal is to make it easy for potential addon developers to vet what addons/skins they should try and make.
  3. For discussion related to specific requests, such as questions about what features people would like, please create a new thread and edit your reply to include a link to that thread. Then, people can easily switch between this "main" thread and the specific threads.
  4. Addon developers & Skin creators: If you take a suggestion and commit to making it, please leave a note on this thread that you're working on it. That way, others can help align their priorities and avoid wasting time by working on something that someone else is also making. If you've already made suggestions previously, but are going to work on someone else's suggestion, it's ok to make a second reply (re: rule #2). However, it'd be appreciated if you include updates on your progress by editing your reply, instead of posting new replies.
- - -

$$ Bounties $$
While not required, bounties can be used to motivate independent developers to write code to satisfy a particular requirement. If you really want a particular addon or skin and have the money to offer someone to create it, offering a bounty can be an excellent incentive to get it done. Guidelines for bounties:
  1. If you wish to offer a paid bounty, post your request both here and in the forum. e.g. Feature Name [bounty] with a description of the feature.
  2. Consider including your budget or initial offer for the bounty, so that developers can get a rough idea of what they can expect for the work.
  3. Please make yourself available to the potential addon developers to contact you & work out an agreement with them in private.
  4. Addon developers & Skin creators: Please form an agreement with the person who offered the bounty before starting work & expecting to be paid.
  5. Consider a payment strategy that is reasonable considering the context. It is common in freelance work to either be paid in full up-front or get a down payment up-front and the rest upon delivery. Use your own discretion.
  6. Please communicate directly (developer to requester, and vice versa), and in private, when agreeing on a bounty. (Disclaimer) Ventis Media will not act as an intermediary for financial transactions in this context. We will not provide any warranty for unsatisfactory action on either side of your agreement, including but not limited to: an unsatisfactory finished addon, lack of agreed payment, or the addon not being delivered. We only have power over what occurs on the forum. If an individual has been found and proven to break an agreement, we may, at our discretion, prevent them from posting new bounties or warn others that they may be untrustworthy.
Again, posting a bounty is not required. You can make skin & addon requests here without offering money. It is simply for those who can and want to.
- - -

Thank you all for your cooperation, and I hope we can all work together to bring MM5's collection of addons to new heights.
Student electrical-computer engineer, web programmer, part-time MediaMonkey developer, full-time MediaMonkey enthusiast
I uploaded many addons to MM's addon page, but not all of those were created by me. "By drakinite, Submitted by drakinite" means I made it on my own time. "By Ventis Media, Inc., Submitted by drakinite" means it may have been made by me or another MediaMonkey developer, so instead of crediting/thanking me, please thank the team. You can still ask me for support on any of our addons.
drakinite

Re: MMW5 Addon & Skin Requests

Post by drakinite »

This reply is to consolidate several other user requests on other threads.

- PlaylistPanel / PlaylistManager, by eepman (with MM4 fixes by Erwin Hanzl). Has already been requested, and there are more details in this thread: viewtopic.php?p=492642#p492642
- Advanced Duplicate Find & Fix, by Bex. Has been heavily requested on other threads, namely this one. In Bex's absence, I (Drakinite) plan to create an addon just for copying & pasting metadata, as that was the most requested feature of ADFF; but that has not begun yet. Dibs are still open.
- Custom Report and Monkey Rok, by trixmoto
- RegExp Find & Replace and Magic Nodes, by ZvezdanD. Please note that Zvezdan is still active, and has expressed that he would like pay if he is to port his add-ons to MM5. Please consider offering a bounty, donating, or organizing some sort of crowd funding for his efforts if you also wish for Magic Nodes or RegExp F&R to be ported by the author.
Student electrical-computer engineer, web programmer, part-time MediaMonkey developer, full-time MediaMonkey enthusiast
I uploaded many addons to MM's addon page, but not all of those were created by me. "By drakinite, Submitted by drakinite" means I made it on my own time. "By Ventis Media, Inc., Submitted by drakinite" means it may have been made by me or another MediaMonkey developer, so instead of crediting/thanking me, please thank the team. You can still ask me for support on any of our addons.
dtsig

Post by dtsig »

Paid Zvezdan before and would be very willing to do it again for those
Where's the db and ini stored
Reporting Bugs
Where tags are stored

Not affiliated with MediaMonkey ... just a RABID user/lover
DTSig
AlanH

Post by AlanH »

dtsig wrote: Tue Jan 04, 2022 11:26 am Paid Zvezdan before and would be very willing to do it again for those
I too would be willing to pay towards Reg exp being ported over. I donated for the advanced version when windows broke the original.
KevinSB1

[REQ] Enhancer Plugin

Post by KevinSB1 »

All, I'm a new member of the forum, though I have spent many hours reading. This is my first post.

I recently purchased the Gold version of MM5. I must say the look, features and performance are all killer. Well done!

The only thing that keeps it from being perfect is the sound quality. I have gotten so used to using the enhancer plugin to brighten up the sound of my music files that's it's very difficult for me to listen without it. I know you guys have updating Winamp plugins to work with Version 5 on your to-do list, but please, please make enhancer a priority.

Keep up the good work!

Kevin
Skafan00

BOUNTY

Post by Skafan00 »

I would pay a $50 bounty for each of these converted scripts:

1) Clear Field 1.3 by trixmoto ( www.riklewis.com/mediamonkey/scripts.php?id=1) I use this promariy to clear song length field after I edit song in another program

2) Custom Properties Panel was in MM4 ( www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewtopic.php ... 4&start=75). I primarily use this script to see what playlists a song is on (in the right panel) when I have song chosen in the main panel

3)External Tools from (MM4). this opens song in an external program so that it can be edited or Gained.
Last edited by drakinite on Tue Feb 01, 2022 11:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: fixing urls
Andre_H

Post by Andre_H »

3)External Tools from (MM4). this opens song in an external program so that it can be edited or Gained.
I created a small script (with the help of the forum here, full credits to that guys!) that opens selected titles in MP3Tag or spek, i.e. opens an external program with parameters. If you want to have this script and adapt it for your tools, PM me.

No "bounty" needed... ;-)
- MMW 5.0.4.2690 (non-portable, shared DB & files) on Windows 2016 # only essential addons # my 24/7 media server
- MMW MMW 5.0.4.2690 (non-portable, shared DB & files) on Windows 10 # playing, testing skins & addons # my desktop app
- MMA Pro (2.0.0.1063) on Android 10, 11, 12 Phones & Tabs # WiFi Sync # playing

- MP3Tag, MP3Diags, MP3DirectCut, IrfanView
AnsgarGorgor

Post by AnsgarGorgor »

Dev request for an mmw5 add-on "Playlist in Main Window"viewtopic.php?t=39589

This mmw4 add-on allows to display two selected custom fields with a list of playlists a song is part of and also a count number in how many playlists a song is part of.

As an "open format" DJ I have a huge number of playlists and the additional #pls fields helped me a lot to find the next best song during live sessions.

Unfortunately, this add-on doesn't work with mmw5 viewtopic.php?p=493796#p493796

Are there any chance that someone would develop an add-on with a similar functionality please?
:wink:
------------------------
Windows 11 Home
MM4 = 4.1.31.1919 (lifetime license since .... can't remember :wink: )
MM5 = 5.0.4.2675 (lifetime license)
MMA = 1.4.5.0960 (on Android devices)
Skafan00

Post by Skafan00 »

Andre_H wrote: Wed Feb 02, 2022 1:19 pm
I created a small script (with the help of the forum here, full credits to that guys!) that opens selected titles in MP3Tag or spek, i.e. opens an external program with parameters. If you want to have this script and adapt it for your tools, PM me.

No "bounty" needed... ;-)
Thank you. How do I get this script into MM5? Where is it located? I am "slightly" technical. i do not nee to adapt it for a tool as it sounds like it opens an MP3 file in an outside program(which is all I need). Not sure how to PM. Appreciate any info.
pderwael

Post by pderwael »

Hi folks,

Just following up: is there any progress on Trixmoto's Custom Report?

As far as I'm concerned, this is THE showstopper to move to MM5

Thanks!
midfielder

Post by midfielder »

Hello all,

I'd like to request a MMW5 version of the classic Gilded skin. The skin was originally built by Morten. Unfortunately they don't seem to be active on this forum anymore.

Please contact me so we can agree on an amount. I don't know what is appropriate, and do not want to offend. I am happy to pay 100% up front via PayPal.

Many thanks,

John / midfielder
spiky

Post by spiky »

In MM4 I had an extension called "Monitor" which adds a context menu to pre-listen to songs in an external program (in my case, I use Foobar2000).

I use this when I DJ, so MM is my library and pre-listening tool and Foobar acts as my playout tool to the external sound card.

Has anyone made this for MM5 yet? Or, if I can use the one from MM4, how do I install it?
spiky

Post by spiky »

In MM4 I had an extension called "Monitor" which adds a context menu to pre-listen to songs in an external program (in my case, I use Foobar2000).

I use this when I DJ, so MM is my library and pre-listening tool and Foobar acts as my playout tool to the external sound card.

Has anyone made this for MM5 yet? Or, if I can use the one from MM4, how do I install it?
I have now written the extension myself.
Peke

Post by Peke »

Hi,
spiky wrote: Sun Mar 20, 2022 12:24 pm

I have now written the extension myself.
Will you share it, that could be very useful. My Song Monitor is bit outdated as it was 18 years ago when I wrote it.
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
tbm72

Re: BOUNTY

Post by tbm72 »

Skafan00 wrote: Tue Feb 01, 2022 3:22 pm 3)External Tools from (MM4). this opens song in an external program so that it can be edited or Gained.
I'd really like to see this MM4 plugin revived for MM5 too:

https://www.mediamonkey.com/addons/brow ... rnaltools/

I use Xyplorer as my default Windows file manager instead of Windows Explorer and it's a pain when trying to right-click a track and select 'Find more from same>Folder (explorer)' and MM5 then opens up an instance of Windows Explorer instead of using my default file manager Xyplorer. Every single other Windows app I use (apart from MM5) opens up an instance of Xyplorer when I choose to jump to a Windows folder location.

I used to have to use 'External Tools' in MM4 for the same thing so it would be great to have this back in MM5 (or alternatively just have MM5 respect my choice of default file manager!)