Not keeping current row selected

Help improve MediaMonkey 5 by testing the latest pre-release builds, and reporting bugs and feature requests.

Moderator: Gurus

MPG

Not keeping current row selected

Post by MPG »

I have a playlist that lists all songs that don't have a date that is sorted by Artist. After I've updated a bunch, I select the next song to be updated and press F5 to refresh the playlist. In MM4, the selected song remains selected despite the rows being removed due to the criteria. In MM5, the row selected remains highlighted, but not the selected song.

1) Create a playlist with some criteria to filter the result set. (I'm updating the date field)
2) Update some songs in the list that would remove it from result set.
3) Select the third song from the bottom of the list and press F5.
4) The new result set is displayed and the third song from the bottom is highlighted but the highlighted row should be the song you selected.
TIA
MPG
Triumph - Hold On: Music holds the secret, to know it can make you whole.
MPG

Re: Not keeping current row selected

Post by MPG »

Haven't heard anything back on this. Is it a bug or expected behavior?
TIA
MPG
Triumph - Hold On: Music holds the secret, to know it can make you whole.
Peke

Post by Peke »

Hi,
Strange, I can't replicate your behavior in MM4, will do more tests in the morning.
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

I have not been able to reproduce on MediaMonkey 5. The selected item remains selected when files before and after it are automatically removed from the AutoPlaylist.

I've tried with Rating as described, F5 wasn't needed, the AutoPlaylist auto-updated, as well as with Folder Monitoring and having files added/removed automatically that way. In both case the selected file remained selected (testing on internal 5.0.3.2600 build).

You can capture this in a debug log (step 4b) and attach the log to a Support Ticket: https://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=86643

This will help a developer analyze why this happens in your setup.