Bass leveling?

Report bugs & feature requests for MediaMonkey for Android and learn about the newest beta build.

Moderator: Gurus

Not_tech_savy

Bass leveling?

Post by Not_tech_savy »

This is a request and questions. I know volume leveling can't be 100% accurate.
I was wondering if it's possible to set a limit on how much bass a song puts out, without degrading it?
My music is split between hip-hop and metal and I listen to it on shuffle. So some songs have no bass while others nearly give me a heart attack on my way to work :lol:
If bass leveling isn't an option. Would changing the equalizer settings accomplish what I want, is it possible to change it up for individual songs?

and I use MMA with Android auto if it's possible to do the equalizer thing per song, would MMA settings supercede AA, do nothing, or would it try to apply both equalizer settings?

Final question. I understand the gist of why volume leveling without degradation / distortion isn't possible. If anyone knows of any in depth articles that explains this in small words please post the links. Thanks.
MMW5 - 2690 beta Gold
MMA2 - 1073 beta Pro
Phone - S23 Ultra - liked the S21 Ultra more
Lowlander

Re: Bass leveling?

Post by Lowlander »

There is no bass leveling and the Equalizer is a global, not per file, setting.

Most volume leveling won't give perceivable issues with the audio. Although it may not be original, it still sounds the same. The general recommendation is to no exceed 95dB above which it is noticeable.

Do note that MMW can Sync files volume leveled, while leaving the originals untouched.