Settings to simulate MM4?

Get answers about the current version of MediaMonkey 5

Moderator: Gurus

djmt99

Settings to simulate MM4?

Post by djmt99 »

I've been on 5.0.2.2531 for some time and still can't quite navigate or utilize as smooth as I did with MM4. Two issues that I'm constantly running up against is the 1) library view and 2) sorting.

1) In MM4, when I clicked on a folder/element in the tree on the left, it would show all of the content in the library view window in the middle. When I do that now, it shows all of the folders on the top of the list, with the files under it. It's a bit annoying and unsightly every time I switch views.

2) Although now I'm unable to replicate, last week, when I tried to sort by rating, and then play, all of the tracks that were rated would disappear. It happened after I closed and re-opened. Oddly, it's not doing it now. Has anyone else encountered such behavior?

How do we drag panels around like I did with MM3?
Disc Jockey (DJ & VJ) ; AV & Lighting Tech ; Music Lover of all types
MediaMonkey Gold - Proud Lifetime License holder, Since Aug 2008
Lowlander

Re: Settings to simulate MM4?

Post by Lowlander »

1) It sounds like you may have the Tree, List or Grid (Folders) element enabled: https://www.mediamonkey.com/wiki/WebHel ... _Displayed

2) If you can reproduce, please capture in a debug log (step 4b) and attach the log to a Support Ticket: https://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=86643

3) You can't drag panels, instead you set it up under Tools > Options > Layout: https://www.mediamonkey.com/wiki/WebHel ... the_Layout
djmt99

Post by djmt99 »

Coming back to this topic as I installed on a new laptop. I don't know or remember how I did it on my last machine, but I know it took some time and it still was never the same. I just can't get the MM5 layout to look the same as MM4. I *KNOW* that there are different view options, but they're just not working for me. I'm obviously missing something since I just spent nearly an hour searching through the forum before coming back to post here.

The Big Thing: In MM4, if I clicked on a parent folder in the tree on the left, it would show ALL of the files (files in that folder, and other folders within that folder). Right now, it's only showing the folders that are within the folder.

And for the love of God, why can't we move the now playing window still? I know it's being "tracked", but how was this not even a conception with the initial release? Surely I can't be the only one that prefers the workflow of top to bottom, instead of left to right. It's been over a year since that ticket was submitted.
Disc Jockey (DJ & VJ) ; AV & Lighting Tech ; Music Lover of all types
MediaMonkey Gold - Proud Lifetime License holder, Since Aug 2008
Barry4679

Post by Barry4679 »

djmt99 wrote: Fri Jul 08, 2022 8:41 am The Big Thing: In MM4, if I clicked on a parent folder in the tree on the left, it would show ALL of the files (files in that folder, and other folders within that folder). Right now, it's only showing the folders that are within the folder.
In MM4 they had a tree sub-node for "ALL" at the top of each, and every, folder in the Media Tree (ie. left hand panel).
In MM5 they replaced all of the these "ALL"s with this button in the MM5 Toolbar.

The button is a toggle. When the button's icon has an "x" in it, you get the behaviour that you are missing from MM4.
When the button icon has an embedded "+", you get the behaviour that you are complaining about.

They think that is an improvement. Not everybody agrees.

nb. the button is only visible when it is relevant, ie. it is only visible when you are in the Location node of the Media Tree, and the Folders (aka "My Computer" in MM4)
Want a dark skin for MM5? This is the one that works best for me .. elegant, compact & clear.