Playback in MMA keeps going silent after 1 track on Pixel Pro 6 on Bluetooth

Get answers about the current release of MediaMonkey for Android

Moderator: Gurus

F1nchy

Playback in MMA keeps going silent after 1 track on Pixel Pro 6 on Bluetooth

Post by F1nchy »

Hi people
I have a strange issue with MMA (v 1.4.5.0960) on my Google Pixel 6 Pro phone. Basically, when I try to play any music via bluetooth it plays the first track fine, but the next track is slient. I can skip to the next track and it plays fine, but then the tracks after that is silent as well, and I just cannot work out why it is doing this!

It happens whether I playback on my Jabra Bluetooth headphones, my Sonos Roam and also my car bluetooth. I can play back on any other apps fine, including Poweramp, which accesses the tracks and playlists that MMA has (all synced via MM5), so I can't see how it's anything other than MMA.

I also have MMA on my Samsung Galaxy S6 Tab and that plays back with no problems at all connected to the same devices.

I have also tried uninstalling MMA and reinstalling it, but it still has the same problem. Any ideas?

I wouldn't mind so much as I can use Poweramp instead, but I like being able to rate my tracks and I need to play back in MMA to do that!

Thanks
Lowlander

Re: Playback in MMA keeps going silent after 1 track on Pixel Pro 6 on Bluetooth

Post by Lowlander »

Try setting Audio Transitions to None in the Options of MMA. Does that resolve the issue?
F1nchy

Re: Playback in MMA keeps going silent after 1 track on Pixel Pro 6 on Bluetooth

Post by F1nchy »

Thanks, I'll give that a try, I think I currently have it set to crossfade
F1nchy

Post by F1nchy »

Yes, that's worked, thanks. Strange that crossfading confuses it!
mrbucket

Post by mrbucket »

For the record, I had the same issue on my Pixel 6 (standard).
Changing Playback -> Audio Transitions, from gapless to none, seems to have fixed it.
SteveB23

Post by SteveB23 »

Same issue, on a Pixel 6a. I just updated my Transitions setting to None. I'll report back once I have a chance to test it.

Thanks!
SteveB23

Post by SteveB23 »

This appears to have fixed the problem, so thanks again!

Does anyone know if this is being fixed in version 2.0?
Peke

Post by Peke »

Hi,
I thing that NONE is default option on MMA 2.0.
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
SteveB23

Post by SteveB23 »

Thanks for the response, Peke. My question, though, was not about the default setting for Audio Transitions in MMA 2.0, but whether or not the actual issue with songs playing "silently" will be fixed. In other words, will I be able to use the Gapless or Crossfade setting on my Pixel 6a?

Thanks,
Steve
Peke

Post by Peke »

Hi,
it appears that Google added/changed something in Pixel devices that our current method is not working. We are working on a way to fix that. So yes it is planned to make all playback options working.
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
SteveB23

Post by SteveB23 »

Wonderful, thanks! I do think it's important to address Android changes on Pixel devices because they seem to be Google's development testbed. Whatever shows up there will eventually be pushed out to other manufacturers.

Thanks again,
Steve
lorloff

Post by lorloff »

Do we have an eta on a fix for this? It's frustrating that it works with certain devices but not others. I've tried other music players and they don't seem to have the issue.
rusty

Post by rusty »

We're on it. There are 4 issues at the top of our todo list, and this is one of them:
https://www.ventismedia.com/mantis/view.php?id=19639

-Rusty
lorloff

Post by lorloff »

Aweseome. Had extra feedback if it helps you track it down. On my one car I have a bluetooth 5 receiver with the aptx protocol. My headphones and my wife's car don't have aptx. the 2 devices without aptx do not transition correctly but the one with aptx does. Not sure if this will help at all, but figured I'd share.
rusty

Post by rusty »

This should be fixed in MMA 2.0 build 1070 (beta). Can you let us know if it works for you?

-Rusty