Flakey display of album art [#18748]

Help improve MediaMonkey 5 by testing the latest pre-release builds, and reporting bugs and feature requests.

Moderator: Gurus

Lowlander

Re: Flakey display of album art [#18748]

Post by Lowlander »

Maybe not all files on the Album have the Artwork associated?
freedomfries323

Post by freedomfries323 »

Lowlander wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 7:01 pm Maybe not all files on the Album have the Artwork associated?
I pretty thoroughly check this and have not had this situation, but will keep an eye out for the possibility.
Rob_S

Post by Rob_S »

Just to confirm, for me the following two issues with album art display have not been fixed yet, using latest beta V2608.

For example, if i do a search, some of the albums might display a blank cd in the main window using list by album view, but when I click on the track, the correct art will display in the preview window - set to "selected"

If I add an image to a track that does not have one, by right-click the blank art in the main window, and add, it will not display right away in the main window, but again, selecting the track again will display in the preview window.

Also, the issue of not being able to paste from clipboard into either the main window or the properties, album art window is still broken as well. Hovwever, I can usually paste the image successfully into the preview window.
Using 5.1 LATEST alpha or beta build on Windows 10, HP laptop, managing 13k tracks
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

The checkbox indicates what happens when you OK the Properties dialog. The fact that with it checked the Artwork now works likely indicates that not all files had the Artwork associated before.
Rob_S

Post by Rob_S »

What checkbox?

The point is that in both cases (after the search, or after new art is inserted and the properties window closed) the art does display in the Preview window of now playing. The art column of the main window does not get updated.

Do you agree that paste from clipboard is still broken??
Using 5.1 LATEST alpha or beta build on Windows 10, HP laptop, managing 13k tracks
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

No, Paste from Clipboard works fine for me on 5.0.3.2609
Rob_S

Post by Rob_S »

OK, so I was using code-monkey skin in 2609 for its compact layout, and there the paste does not work in left column of list by album, and does not work in properties.

I tried it using material-design skin, and there it works in Preview, and does work in properties, but still not in the left column of the list. Left column used to work in MM4, but possibly this change is by design.

So now the issue is that these "bugs" are skin dependent. Why would that be?? Which skin do you use??

Could we please have a smaller text row height in the skin which works the best?

I will try using material design for a while to see if the other issue manifests itself there or not.
Rob_S

Post by Rob_S »

Also, I have confirmed that the left column missing art issue does also exist while using 2609 and the "Material Design" skin. I can take the time to post images of this condition if it will help to confirm it.

This occurs for tracks listed by themselves, ie not part of an album grouping, which do contain tagged art which does display in the review window when track is selected.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Please define what you mean with left column. You can use screenshots to highlight this.

Please report any issues with a Skin in the Skins forum thread so that the author can fix them: https://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=98882
Rob_S

Post by Rob_S »

OK, so I have been informed elsewhere that skins must be updated separately from latest versions of MM, even though skins are supplied therewith. Should not updated skins be included as well?

Also, it appears the skin update did not appear by checking for updates in my addons. I had to download it manually.

I will acknowledge that some or all of these issues arise from running beta software, where not evwrthing can be in tune at all times.

So, as a result, I can confirm that paste album art into properties window, and the search current view both function in latest codemonkey skin.

The failure to display certain tagged album art in the left column of the main window using "list by album" still exists in both Codemonkey and material design, thus probably not skin related

Screenshots to come as soon as I have time to upload them someplace. It sure would help if there was an easier way to attach images to posts here
tbm72

Post by tbm72 »

I can confirm I also often see missing artwork in the artwork column of the List By Album view. But when I check the properties of all the tracks in the album they all have correct artwork present. Can't find a way to replicate it consistently but I see it fairly often.
Rob_S

Post by Rob_S »

Thanks for confirming, TBM
tbm72

Post by tbm72 »

I've also found that more times than not, pasting artwork doesn't work when copied from browser. Nor does dragging from the browser into MM.

But if you do both of these one after the other (e.g. try to first drag it first and fail, then try to copy & paste) it does eventually work. But individually they don't work for me.
Rob_S

Post by Rob_S »

Image shows art display missing in "left column" of main window

https://ibb.co/QHyWq3h

Image shows art for same title dispayed in preview window

https://ibb.co/7KRkqPc

This can occur after just scrolling through the main window list, or after tagging a track with new artwork.

This occurs using MM 2509 and either of Codemonkey or Material design skins
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

You may want to clear the image cache in the MediaMonkey Temp folder (set under Tools > Options > General). It may have gotten corrupted somewhere along the way.

Note that CodeMonkey is not developer by MediaMonkey, but instead by a third party developer: https://www.mediamonkey.com/addons/brow ... de-monkey/

MediaMonkey updates will only include updates to the default included MediaMonkey Skins, but not any other Skins added by the user. Those need to be updated via Tools > Addons or by downloading the newest version from the developers website.