Sync phone playlists to PC not working

Get answers about the current version of MediaMonkey 5

Moderator: Gurus

smellhole

Sync phone playlists to PC not working

Post by smellhole »

Hi. I had to rebuild my PC and now the only place my playlists exist is on my phone. I have the actual music files synced, but not the playlists. The closest I've got so far is nearly wiping them off the phone cause MM5 wanted to sync them the wrong direction. I can't figure out how to do it.

How can I get my playlists from my phone to my MM5 PC setup?

Thanks.
::: Smellhole
::: It's better to have loved and lost than to never have had a good pair of speakers.
Lowlander

Re: Sync phone playlists to PC not working

Post by Lowlander »

Which Build (Help > About) of MediaMonkey and what device are you Syncing from?

More on Sync from device to PC: https://www.mediamonkey.com/wiki/WebHel ... E_Library)
smellhole

Post by smellhole »

Lowlander wrote: Thu Jan 13, 2022 2:52 pm Which Build (Help > About) of MediaMonkey and what device are you Syncing from?
Hallo!

1. MM 5.0.2.2531 on Windows 11 Pro 64x.

2. Samsung Galaxy Note20 Ultra 5G.
::: It's better to have loved and lost than to never have had a good pair of speakers.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Do you have MediaMonkey for Android installed and does it contain the Playlists?
smellhole

Post by smellhole »

Lowlander wrote: Thu Jan 13, 2022 3:18 pm Do you have MediaMonkey for Android installed and does it contain the Playlists?
Yes to both. MM5 Pro on my phone.
Ludek

Post by Ludek »

So are you saying that if you modify the playlist in MMA that the changes are not synced back to MM5 ?
smellhole

Post by smellhole »

Ludek wrote: Fri Jan 14, 2022 1:57 pm So are you saying that if you modify the playlist in MMA that the changes are not synced back to MM5 ?
I haven't made any changes to the playlists on the phone. I'm too afraid to accidentally delete them all. When I did do a sync it asked if I really wanted to delete all the playlists so I said no.
Ludek

Post by Ludek »

OK, than it might help to catch this in debug log and attach to eSupport ticket (see item 4b here: https://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewt ... 30&t=86643) so that we can analyze why the playlists are not updated in your environment.