Track gets deselected upon deletion or scrubbing [#18750]

Help improve MediaMonkey 5 by testing the latest pre-release builds, and reporting bugs and feature requests.

Moderator: Gurus

Paul Emmelot

Track gets deselected upon deletion or scrubbing [#18750]

Post by Paul Emmelot »

Hi Monkeys,

Not sure if this has been addressed yet; I'm seeing some different behaviour upon track deletion compared to MM4.
In MM4 when a track was deleted, it would play the next track and also select it in the list view. In MM5 however it does play the next track, but doens't select it in the list view.
Also when scrubbing a track in the bar, it would keep the track selected in the list view, but in MM5 it gets deselected when I scrub it in the waveform. Therefore I'm not able to scrub and consequently use the arrows to hop over to the next track.
I'm on 5.0.2.2531_Debug.exe on windows 11 build 22526.10000

Restoring this would be greatly appreciated since I use it MM mainly to organize, compile playlists for gigs, go over extensive lists of new tracks and rate them.
Lowlander

Re: Track gets deselected upon deletion or scrubbing

Post by Lowlander »

Is this in the Filelisting on the Playing node in the Media Tree or in the Playing window?
Paul Emmelot

Post by Paul Emmelot »

Hi Lowlander,

It's in the file list. I select a folder, go over the tracklist and enter the correct genre/rating. About 75% of the tracks I receive monthly get binned.
Just fidling now with the "playing" list in the right panel, and added the columns. That seems to work as expected. Never used that in MM4. It doesn't give me the column filtering options I use in the file list tho.
To eleborate; I dont use folders after I've rated my files . Tracks go into one library folder and I only use the tags for filtering.

Greets, Paul

[edit]
Works almost as expected: in the playing list in the right panel, tracks still loose focus when I scrub. Can't use arrows to move to the next track.
Last edited by Paul Emmelot on Thu Jan 13, 2022 4:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Paul Emmelot

Post by Paul Emmelot »

Also: the deletion confirmation seems to pop-up quite a bit slower than in MM4.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

So, do I understand right that you're working in Folders in the Media Tree (or Music > Location)?
Paul Emmelot

Post by Paul Emmelot »

Exactly: media tree Music > Location >> File list with colmns and filtering.
After sorting everything I use the smart filters to filter by genre, subgenre, key and compile playlists.

I have to say, Media Monkey is still outdoing any DJ software cataloging software like recordbox or Denon DJ Engine in terms of flexibility.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Added deletion selection as: https://www.ventismedia.com/mantis/view.php?id=18750

As far as scrubbing, it makes the seekbar the active element (thus allowing keyboard input on it), but the file remained highlighted here. Tabbing got me back to make it the active element. Using a Hotkey to scrub did not remove focus off the selected file.
Rob_S

Re: Track gets deselected upon deletion or scrubbing [#18750]

Post by Rob_S »

Pardon my ignorance - what is scrubbing???
Using 5.1 LATEST alpha or beta build on Windows 10, HP laptop, managing 13k tracks
Lowlander

Re: Track gets deselected upon deletion or scrubbing [#18750]

Post by Lowlander »

Moving the seekbar forward/backward to change where in the file playback is.