Will syncing delete music?

Get answers about the current version of MediaMonkey 5

Moderator: Gurus

55fireflite

Will syncing delete music?

Post by 55fireflite »

I am a new user. I got my first android phone, a Pixel 5a a few months ago and was able to sync my music onto my phone using iTunes. Then I installed Rocket Player on my phone. Not very impressed.

Then last week the hard drive on my desktop PC failed. I had a backup drive, but not all of my music was on there, so I lost some of it. So now I have music on my phone that is not on my PC.

I just installed MediaMonkey on my Pixel 5a and my PC. It works great, but my question is this. When I do a sync, will it copy the music on my phone onto my PC? I'm afraid if I try syncing with iTunes, it's going to delete the music on my phone that isn't already on my PC.

If syncing with MediaMonkey might delete things, is there another safe way to copy music on my phone back onto my PC or my laptop? Thanks.
Tom
Lowlander

Re: Will syncing delete music?

Post by Lowlander »

1) MediaMonkey can copy files from device to PC on Sync, if you enable this: https://www.mediamonkey.com/wiki/WebHel ... E_Library)

2) MediaMonkey will show a confirmation of what it wants to delete. By default it will only try to delete files in the MediaMonkey for Windows Library that are not on the Sync list. This means with default settings, any files on the device not on your PC are safe: https://www.mediamonkey.com/wiki/WebHel ... 3E_Device)
55fireflite

Post by 55fireflite »

Thank you for your advice. That sounds great. Once I get the app on my PC to recognize my phone I should be in great shape. :)
55fireflite

Post by 55fireflite »

I figured out the connection issue. SUCCESS!! IT WORKED! All my music is now on my laptop. Tomorrow I'll do the desktop PC, which is the main place I store and upload music from.

THANKS A BUNCH!

Tom :D :D :D