[REQ] Ability to Highlight a path/folder for review

Help improve MediaMonkey 5 by testing the latest pre-release builds, and reporting bugs and feature requests.

Moderator: Gurus

COsornio

[REQ] Ability to Highlight a path/folder for review

Post by COsornio »

Hello,

Editing about 200,000 files to minimize discrepancies due to misspelled fields takes literally months. When adding new songs, I found easier to sit them temporarily in a new folder until eventually they are approved as free of evident errors. This causes a new review of all relevant fields from A to Z (# to Z) that also might take weeks and is subject to errors. It would be very powerful and nice and I guess not difficult to be able to "highlight" any folder (right mouse button > highlight folder) so it becomes a different color for all it's contents, and now while scrolling thru all the songs, those new songs in that particular folder will be a different color, making it super easy to correct and format the relevant fields in coherence to the rest. At the end of the review, again right mouse button on the folder > deselect highlight.
As a complement or alternative, an option in Files to Edit that may filter inconsistency for each field would be great, but I think is more difficult.
Thank you and congrats for MM5!
Lowlander

Re: [REQ] Ability to Highlight a path/folder for review

Post by Lowlander »

You can Pin folders from the Location node (and you can use right click Find more from same to open the folder) to create quick access to certain folders.
COsornio

Re: [REQ] Ability to Highlight a path/folder for review

Post by COsornio »

Thanks. The purpose is not to have a shortcut. It is to have the rows of the new files in a different color while browsing and scrolling thru all the tracks, that way we can easily catch a difference from "Celina Dion" (that appears in a different color as it comes from the new, selected folder) and the correct "Celine Dion", correcting in that moment. The same would benefit any other field. With a single artist album might not be that useful as they appear together in the list, but for big multi-artist compilation makes a huge difference as they are split all over the 200K tracks!