Audiobook bookmark

Get answers about the current release of MediaMonkey for Android

Moderator: Gurus

Grondak

Audiobook bookmark

Post by Grondak »

I want to use MMA to play audio books and I want to be able to set a bookmark so I can return to a particular place in the book when I open it again in the future. I like to listen to several books at a time, alternating between them so I need to be able to bookmark each audio book separatelty. I would like bookmarks to survive rebooting my Android phone.
Can this be done?
Peke

Re: Audiobook bookmark

Post by Peke »

Hi,
I tried today for at least 10 Podcasts and Audiobooks, I simply listen to files an dskip at random locations to next one -> Stop music after few and Restart device. Apron starting MMA again tracks left playing where they were stopped.

Can you please explain steps on how you play/skip Audiobooks?

Note if Audiobook is not classified as Audiobook, but under Music then there will be no bookmarking.
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
TheEmpathicEar

Post by TheEmpathicEar »

Peke wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 7:49 pm Hi,
I tried today for at least 10 Podcasts and Audiobooks, I simply listen to files an dskip at random locations to next one -> Stop music after few and Restart device. Apron starting MMA again tracks left playing where they were stopped.

Can you please explain steps on how you play/skip Audiobooks?

Note if Audiobook is not classified as Audiobook, but under Music then there will be no bookmarking.
I want to listen to an audiobook - a large, 500+MB MP3 and be able to return to the place [page?] where I left. Can explain what you wrote above a bit more? I don't understand dskip, etc.
Peke

Post by Peke »

Hi,
In order to MM remember where you stopped listening file will need to be AudioBook type. Otherwise it will not work out of teh box.
See:
Best regards,
Peke
TheEmpathicEar

Post by TheEmpathicEar »

It's just a file with extension of MP3. Does/can this be converted to an audiobook file with an extension of .M4B ? And, where is the most appropriate place/folder in MM5 to place? I also want to sync it with my phone and MMA.
Peke

Post by Peke »

Hi,
No need to convert, just add another Genre (it can contain multiple genres, see my picture it contain two genres "Audiobook; Kids") and state it "Audiobook", then change Type -> Audiobook and you are ready to go.
Best regards,
Peke