Can we have more tag info shown when viewing track properties in MMA please?

Report bugs & feature requests for MediaMonkey for Android and learn about the newest beta build.

Moderator: Gurus

F1nchy

Can we have more tag info shown when viewing track properties in MMA please?

Post by F1nchy »

I use a mixture of ratings, genres, mood tags and a number of custom tags to create various different smart playlists, which MediaMonkey is excellent for, and I tend to use MMA for rating as many tracks as I can as I'm listening, and it would be really useful to be able to edit those tags in MMA as well. At the moment I am only able to edit the genre along with the basic track info, and it would be really useful if it was possible to either be able to view and edit all tag data on the Android app, or at least be able to customise which tag fields are displayed in MMA and edit those.

Is that something that would easily be added? I can't imagine I'm the only one who uses MMA as a secondary editing tool alongside MM5 and I'm sure a lot of people would find it useful.

Thanks!
Lowlander

Re: Can we have more tag info shown when viewing track properties in MMA please?

Post by Lowlander »

MMA2 promises more tag support. It's still in internal alpha stage.
F1nchy

Re: Can we have more tag info shown when viewing track properties in MMA please?

Post by F1nchy »

That sounds encouraging, any idea when it'll be available for user beta testing?
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

No, no ETA is known.
F1nchy

Post by F1nchy »

Hi guys

Re the above comment, MMA 2 is in beta but there is not yet any additional tag support. Is it something that is likely to still be added?

Thanks
rusty

Post by rusty »

Yes--it's planned but post 2.0.

-Rusty
F1nchy

Post by F1nchy »

Hi guys

Just following up on this. I stumbled across this post from over 10 years ago where someone was asking for the same!
viewtopic.php?f=21&t=71503&hilit=mood

Is it ever likely to happen? I'd have thought it shouldn't be too difficult to implement, and would give MMA considerably more flexibility for listening?

Thanks
rusty

Post by rusty »

I can't give you date, but I can tell you that we've already begun work to port the tagging engine used in MMW to MMA, and I would hope that we'd gain equity in terms of field support across both platforms.

But no promises as to when ;-(

-Rusty
F1nchy

Post by F1nchy »

Ah, ok, great, thanks for the update, sounds very promising.