MM5 Kind of freezes after a short while

Get answers about the current version of MediaMonkey 5

Moderator: Gurus

Severensm

MM5 Kind of freezes after a short while

Post by Severensm »

My Media Monkey 5 on windows kinda freezes after a short while.
playback continues, but the screen is completely frozen.
I can however get it working again by clicking on the 'playing' tab in the bottom right corner. the one which opens the album art in a new pop-up. And from then on it's working again, and the now playing song is updated to the currently playing one again..
What causes this, does anyone have an idea?
Lowlander

Re: MM5 Kind of freezes after a short while

Post by Lowlander »

Which Build (Help > About) are you using? Are you doing anything particular when this happens, or is it just playback that's happening?
Severensm

Post by Severensm »

I'm on 5.0.2.2531

It's just playing, the mm5 window active (on the foreground). while busy doing other things, not on the pc. When I then go back to the pc to, for example, skip a song, I notice it's completely frozen, yet still playing.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Please capture this in a debug log (step 4b) and attach the log to a Support Ticket: viewtopic.php?t=86643

This will help a developer analyze why this happens in your setup.
Ludek

Post by Ludek »

If the UI freezes then debug version should auto generate crash/freeze log to submit (item 4a here: viewtopic.php?f=30&t=86643 )

You can download debug version here: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=86639&sd=d
and once the freeze log is auto-generated then submit it and write the log ID here.

Thanks!
Severensm

Post by Severensm »

AF9B0000 should be the error log
Ludek

Post by Ludek »

Hi,
in your crash/freeze log AF9B0000 seeing that you were casting to your "Marshall (Google Cast)" renderer.

But the UI was not frozen (otherwise you couldn't even click the menu Help > Debug > Send logs).

In your log your description is "Media monkey plays for a while, when randomly the player freezes, though still continues to play.
Clicking at the bottom right, to open de album art in a pop-up 'reactivates' media monkey, and the progress bar and currently playing song update again."

Should I understand it that it is just MM5 player that temporarily stops moving seekbar until you activate the MM5 window?
Was the MM5 window minimized?
Severensm

Post by Severensm »

That's correct, the bar and currently playing song don't progress anymore. And I can click anywhere in the MM screen, it won't respond. Unless I click at the album art in the bottom right corner. Then it all responds again and the progress in playbar and currently playing song continues as normal again. Until it 'freezes' again.
The MM screen is practically always on the foreground when it happens, sometimes at the background but still in the taskbar, I never have it completely minimized to the processes when it's playing
Ludek

Post by Ludek »

And does it happen only when streaming to external player (DLNA/Google cast) or also when playing to Internal player?

Also, could you try whether the issue still exists after Chromium update in build 2606 : viewtopic.php?f=6&t=86639&sd=d ?
Severensm

Post by Severensm »

I updated, it appears it hasn't acted up since.. forgot all about it even, it's been quite a while :)