[SOLVED] Cover artwork disappeared from browser after database rebuild

Get answers about the current version of MediaMonkey 5

Moderator: Gurus

freedomfries323

[SOLVED] Cover artwork disappeared from browser after database rebuild

Post by freedomfries323 »

So I'm in a bit of a pickle. I've been doing a some tag updating and re-organizing of my music library folders, and today, I decided to rescan my folders because some items had changed locations, and for good measure to rebuild the database since I updated tags and some file names. I also selected "optimize database" and "rebuild full search index"

I made sure to select "update file info from tags when rescanning files" since I'm using an external app to manage tags. I also checked
- Remove unavailable items
- Remove unused attributes

The library scan was performed first and everything went fine, but after completion of the database operations, all my thumbnails for album artwork disappeared from the folders in browser. The artwork is still visible in the tags when I select a track, but MM no longer applies it to album folders like it used to. I have a bunch of grey folder icons now. What's worse is I cannot even manually update this by going in the track properties artwork section and checking "apply all to selected". When I do this nothing happens. I go back to the artwork section and the box is still unchecked.

What can I do to fix this? Thanks for any suggestions. I'd like to see my album artwork show up in the browser again.
freedomfries323

Re: Cover artwork disappeared from browser after database rebuild

Post by freedomfries323 »

freedomfries323 wrote: Fri Jan 28, 2022 2:41 pm So I'm in a bit of a pickle. I've been doing a some tag updating and re-organizing of my music library folders, and today, I decided to rescan my folders because some items had changed locations, and for good measure to rebuild the database since I updated tags and some file names. I also selected "optimize database" and "rebuild full search index"

I made sure to select "update file info from tags when rescanning files" since I'm using an external app to manage tags. I also checked
- Remove unavailable items
- Remove unused attributes

The library scan was performed first and everything went fine, but after completion of the database operations, all my thumbnails for album artwork disappeared from the folders in browser. The artwork is still visible in the tags when I select a track, but MM no longer applies it to album folders like it used to. I have a bunch of grey folder icons now. What's worse is I cannot even manually update this by going in the track properties artwork section and checking "apply all to selected". When I do this nothing happens. I go back to the artwork section and the box is still unchecked.

What can I do to fix this? Thanks for any suggestions. I'd like to see my album artwork show up in the browser again.
I'm embarrassed to admit I was looking through the computer directories in the left panel, where the folders seem to always be grey, as they would. It seems my view was changed somehow and this caused me to assume my operations had broken something. If I navigate through the Library, my artwork is there on the folders... You can ignore this post. I tried to delete it but I'm not allowed.
Peke

Re: Cover artwork disappeared from browser after database rebuild

Post by Peke »

Hi,
Thank you for update.

We have policy not to delete any posts even those that criticize MM, unless contain swearing/offending words against other users, MM team.
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts