Choosing a topic for my college project

Community forum for discussions completely unrelated to MediaMonkey.

Moderator: Gurus

ximuco

Choosing a topic for my college project

Post by ximuco »

Hi everybody! I don't want my message to seem off-topic, but I need your help. I'm recently entered the college and try to adjust to a new lifestyle. Everything is new and unusual for me, especially the workload. My major is sound engineering and I have to write a project on a random topic. I'm a complete newbie in it, that's why I decided to get your assistance. The first thing I need is to choose a topic. Which one will be the best for a freshman? :roll:
Peke

Re: Choosing a topic for my college project

Post by Peke »

Hi,
I would start on something basic like Difference from Lossy and Lossless formats, Why Lossy formats are mostly obsolete, but still so wide popular, then you can talk how streaming evolved sound experience perception and allowed that YouTube exist, and initiated death to Radio stations, .... Also depends how big project is you can go into acoustics/sound isolation/... . Ok I can speak whole day about all those.
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
ximuco

Post by ximuco »

Peke wrote: Tue Feb 01, 2022 7:59 pm Hi,
I would start on something basic like Difference from Lossy and Lossless formats, Why Lossy formats are mostly obsolete, but still so wide popular, then you can talk how streaming evolved sound experience perception and allowed that YouTube exist, and initiated death to Radio stations, .... Also depends how big project is you can go into acoustics/sound isolation/... . Ok I can speak whole day about all those.
Thank you, but I see you got me wrong. Yes, my project is related to sound engineering, but it also contains a written part, a kind of essay. And this is what interests me.
ximuco

Post by ximuco »

Well, since my major trouble is a written part of my project, I started searching for various paper writing guides and faced a college intern cover letter writing recommendation that turned out to be very useful for me but in a different way . I also tried to find some projects similar to mine, but failed and had to write it myself. That was difficult, but I succeeded. But editing turned out to be the heavy obstacle for me, so I decided to get professional help with it. And I got it when I sent my paper to editors. It was my best decision.
Peke

Post by Peke »

Hi,
I am glad you managed to work it out. You were not specific on essay topic, so I was more general.

I am even more glad that you covered topic/project not revised recently, as that shows initiative.
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts