Android 12

Report bugs & feature requests for MediaMonkey for Android and learn about the newest beta build.

Moderator: Gurus

gordol

Android 12

Post by gordol »

My Samsung Galaxy s20+ (unlocked on Verizon (USA)) updated from OS11 to 12 yesterday. I have restarted a couple times since.

I'm now having intermittent issues with MediaMonkey not showing the lock screen or notification panel miniplayer, or failing to load the application.

Two screen shots of the first issue (on imgur.com). This one shows the lockscreen https://imgur.com/dFCUpgy, and this one shows the notification panel https://imgur.com/oHzeVmL.

I tried to capture a screen recording of the failure to launch, but because of how the layouts work, I the "start recording" button got covered by the phone's "app isn't responding" dialog, and when I went to start the recording first and then open MMA, it opened normally.

I just sent logs from MMA, log ID unknown: I also told it to save locally, but the local file is showing as zero bytes and naturally cannot be opened, moved or shared. Maybe has something to do with the fact that the app crashed when I sent the log... second attempt, reading the log ID off the dialog: K6L7WDK641, this one appears to have gone through.
Peke

Re: Android 12

Post by Peke »

Hi,
I hope second log was sent, I can't open imgur images due the "Cross site xss scripting threat" :(

I have seen that soem users report similar thin and they had to tap on notification to show MMA player, also there is notification settings in MMA Options, so try other ones.
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
gordol

Post by gordol »

Peke wrote: Fri Feb 04, 2022 4:36 pm Hi,
I hope second log was sent, I can't open imgur images due the "Cross site xss scripting threat" :(
I think the second one went through. At least, no crash on my end on sending.
I have seen that soem users report similar thin and they had to tap on notification to show MMA player, also there is notification settings in MMA Options, so try other ones.
Ok, here are the screen shots via ImgBB (I hope, the preview doesn't show them):

gordol

Post by gordol »

I found another issue. With OS12/Samsung OneUI4, the device lock screen was no longer showing the playing track info, just the MMA icon. Other media apps were showing the playing track info.

Turns out this is an issue with having the "Playback Notification" set to anything other than "System". I had it set to "Small" to conserve space in the notification shade.