can't get the walkman recognised and synced

Get answers about syncing MediaMonkey 4 with iPods and other devices.

Moderator: Gurus

ysabetti

can't get the walkman recognised and synced

Post by ysabetti »

Hi,
I 've had media monkey set up for quite a while and had it synced with my sony walkman. BUT now I can't get it to recognise the walkman - it has it in the system but it says disconnected whatever I do.
I deleted the additional register because it missed half of the music and had renamed a lot of things. So I thought better start again, but now I'm totally stuck and - as mentioned- can't get any connection between media monkey's library on my computer and the music on the walkman.
Any suggestions?
Lowlander

Re: can't get the walkman recognised and synced

Post by Lowlander »

Does File Explorer show the device and allow you to browse it?
ysabetti

Post by ysabetti »

no, i has "walkman" and "E1" registered but continuously give status as disconnedted and on the walkman the "mass storage" function doesn't come on
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

If File Explorer doesn't recognize it I suggest consulting the devices documentation and manufacturer support. It's a Sony product so it may only work with proprietary software or if you're lucky you just need to change the connection type to MTP.
ysabetti

Post by ysabetti »

Lowlander wrote: Tue Mar 01, 2022 4:16 pm If File Explorer doesn't recognize it I suggest consulting the devices documentation and manufacturer support. It's a Sony product so it may only work with proprietary software or if you're lucky you just need to change the connection type to MTP.
But the thing is that it has worked before - perfectly well . But the music that had copied over the the walkman had scrambled a bit so i delete the two folders in Media monkey in order to recopy. I think that is what went wrong.
I tried to reinstall media monkey on my computer again, but it picks up all the old set up so that didn't help. How do i start from scratch with media monkey ?
ysabetti

Re:burning cd

Post by ysabetti »

I've just got the free version media monkey, and i wnat to burn a cd.
In the help function it says : pick Burn in the tools menu, but that item doesn't exist in my tools menu, nor anywhere else.
Is it just not included in the free version? or what is going on ?
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

It sounds like you may be using MediaMonkey 5 instead of MediaMonkey 4 (this forum): https://www.mediamonkey.com/wiki/WebHel ... 's_Missing?

It could be that the Walkman is damaged which is why it doesn't work. You should try with MediaMonkey 4 (assuming you have 5) and see if it recognizes the device. That is maybe what changed in your setup.

Clean install: https://www.mediamonkey.com/support/kno ... diamonkey/