Library playlist folder hierarchy not preserved after syncing

Report bugs & feature requests for MediaMonkey for Android and learn about the newest beta build.

Moderator: Gurus

FidoCat

Library playlist folder hierarchy not preserved after syncing

Post by FidoCat »

When I sync a playlist library containing hierarchical playlists (folders within folders), after uploading to Android, the playlists are flattened, losing their hierarchy. This makes the process of finding playlists slow and cumbersome.

This applies to Win10 MM 5.0.2.2532 working with Android beta 1.4.5.0960
- Fidocat
Lowlander

Re: Library playlist folder hierarchy not preserved after syncing

Post by Lowlander »

This only works if you Sync directly from MMW to your Android device with MMA installed. If MMA has to scan this, it won't work.
FidoCat

Re: Library playlist folder hierarchy not preserved after syncing

Post by FidoCat »

I synced the library by selecting the Android device under Devices&Services, then under Sync list (Lib=>Dev) click Playlists, then check the desired playlists. MMA is running at the time. Finally, I click SYNC NOW in the lower right corner. MMW goes through the usual updating process, displaying the tracks and playlists in the lower left corner. When it's finished, MMA displays the rotating circle in the upper right corner until it's done.

If there are any new MMW playlists, renamings, etc, those do not show up in MMA. I must shut down MMA and restart it to see the results of the sync. Nevertheless, MMA doesn't appear to support subfolders in playlists.
- Fidocat