Copy and Swap Fields 1.0.1

Get help for different MediaMonkey 5 Addons.

Moderators: jiri, drakinite, Addon Administrators

Erwin Hanzl

Copy and Swap Fields 1.0.1

Post by Erwin Hanzl »

Hello Drakinites,
https://www.mediamonkey.com/addons/brow ... ap-fields/
"Allows you to:
Copy tracks' fields from one to another, for example copying Artist to Composer or Title to Album
Swap two of the tracks' fields, for example swapping Album Artist and Artist.
Access via Tools > Edit tags > Copy field to field... and Tools > Edit tags > Swap fields...

This addon is awesome. Five stars out of five.

P.S.: And now we would need one more thing: (transfering metadata from track to track)
With the criteria:
1. All properties
OR
2. Selection via listing using CheckBoxes
https://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewt ... d95e34851c
Last edited by Erwin Hanzl on Wed Mar 30, 2022 7:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
MMW 4.1.31.1919 Gold-Standardinstallation
drakinite

Re: Copy and Swap Fields 1.0.1

Post by drakinite »

I'm glad you like it 🙂

Copying metadata from track to track is also something I have started to work on, but it is more complex and will take some time.
Student electrical-computer engineer, web programmer, part-time MediaMonkey developer, full-time MediaMonkey enthusiast
I uploaded many addons to MM's addon page, but not all of those were created by me. "By drakinite, Submitted by drakinite" means I made it on my own time. "By Ventis Media, Inc., Submitted by drakinite" means it may have been made by me or another MediaMonkey developer, so instead of crediting/thanking me, please thank the team. You can still ask me for support on any of our addons.
JohnTangoAuckland

Post by JohnTangoAuckland »

I, too, appreciate this helpful and welcome add-on. Is there a reason it supports only 9 different fields? Can it be modified to copy from or to the "comment" field? Thanks
AucklandJB
drakinite

Post by drakinite »

The decision to pick those particular 10 fields were relatively arbitrary, i.e. I picked them based on what I thought would cover everyone's needs.
Though, it'd take a bit of work to do Comment and Lyrics, since the way they're retrieved from tracks is slightly different than the other fields. Not impossible, though. Aside from Comment, what other fields do you think would be useful to copy and swap?

Edit: Tracked as https://www.ventismedia.com/mantis/view.php?id=18954
Student electrical-computer engineer, web programmer, part-time MediaMonkey developer, full-time MediaMonkey enthusiast
I uploaded many addons to MM's addon page, but not all of those were created by me. "By drakinite, Submitted by drakinite" means I made it on my own time. "By Ventis Media, Inc., Submitted by drakinite" means it may have been made by me or another MediaMonkey developer, so instead of crediting/thanking me, please thank the team. You can still ask me for support on any of our addons.
Erwin Hanzl

Post by Erwin Hanzl »

Hello Drakinites,
I would be interested in all fields from "Classification".
drakinite

Post by drakinite »

The addon wizard has heard your wishes and they have been granted. Version 1.1.0 is up on the site :wink:
Erwin Hanzl

Re: Copy and Swap Fields 1.1.0.

Post by Erwin Hanzl »

COPY FIELD TO FIELD:
Sorry, but now nothing is copied to custom fields anymore. Also not everything that is below version 101 worked.
Neither does the Comment field.
drakinite

Post by drakinite »

Whoops. Thanks for the info, I'll try and see what's wrong. Does Swap work for you?
Edit: I've pulled down version 1.1 for now.
JohnTangoAuckland

Post by JohnTangoAuckland »

Thanks for the speed of your reply, Drakinite! I don't use Classifications, but agree adding them would be useful. Two other fields I could suggest would be Date and Genre. Thanks again!
AucklandJB
Erwin Hanzl

Post by Erwin Hanzl »

@Drakinite
Good Morning,
YES, SWAP works.
decas30

Post by decas30 »

Hi. I'm trying to move (or swap) information from the grouping field to a custom field. Is there anyway that you could add the grouping field to the list. It would save me a ton of time. thanks
MattTown

Post by MattTown »

Thanks for the script.
I'd just like to add a vote for getting swap happening for the Comment and Custom fields please. In my case it is to move large text strings from the Comment field to a Custom Field (Custom 8) so as to avoid a bug in the in-list field editor which truncates text in the Comment field to 200 characters.
Thanks
Matt

<Update: Fix for the comment field edit bug is targeted for 5.0.4>
MM 2024.3003 (WEF 9 Mar 2024, Portable Mode), Gold lifetime license, user since 2009.
Currently 25K files. Library and music files are on a separate partition (E:\) on external USB drive.
Windows Surface Book (Original), i5, 8GB RAM, 250GB SSD.
Win10 Home 64 bit, update: 22H2 19045.3570
MMA 2.0.0.1103, Android 13 on Nokia XR20, music files on SD card.
jamesenorman

Post by jamesenorman »

Hi there, I would like to copy Lyricist to Genre. Could this be possible please?
Erwin Hanzl

Post by Erwin Hanzl »

Hello Drakinite,

Code: Select all

var supportedFields = ['title', 'album', 'albumArtist', 'artist', 'actors', 'author', 'conductor', 'composer', 'director', 'genre', 'lyricist'];
I tested: Copy Field to Field: 'genre' and 'lyricist' works correctly.
Properties: Genre=POP - Lyricist=ERWIN
I tested: Swap Fields : 'genre' and 'lyricist' works correctly.
jfg001

Post by jfg001 »

bonjour
est ce qu'il possible d'ajouter la date par exemple : 2007
au champ album par exemple : The Reminder
ce donnerait le résultat dans le champ album : The Reminder 2007
hello
is it possible to add the date for example: 2007
to the album field for example: The Reminder
this would give the result in the album field: The Reminder 2007