Lyrics access

Report bugs & feature requests for MediaMonkey for Android and learn about the newest beta build.

Moderator: Gurus

pbb

Lyrics access

Post by pbb »

It has always puzzled me that the MMA settings have a reference to lyrics, but I was never able to actually see these lyrics. I considered many scenarios, maybe there was something wrong with the way I sync the songs from MMW, maybe there are network problems, maybe it's an old setting that tries to look up lyrics on sites that are long gone, ...

It was not until now, after many, many years of using MMA, that I discover you can swipe left on the album art to see lyrics! :o

There is actually no way to discover this by opening menus or looking at the interface. I don't know if other users are so accustomed to swiping everywhere that they just swipe things to see what happens, but for me that doesn't come naturally. There is also a rule in UI design that elements should be discoverable. (And just randomly tapping and swiping the interface is *not* discoverability.)

There is already a song menu in the lower right of the Now Playing screen, and there are already several icons overlayed on the cover art. Would it be possible to either add a menu entry or an overlay icon to access the lyrics? Or in the very least have pager icons (arrows on the side and/or a strip of dots in the bottom) to indicate that the cover art is just one of several "pages" one can swipe through?
Zonky

Re: Lyrics access

Post by Zonky »

pbb wrote: Mon Mar 14, 2022 4:55 am It was not until now, after many, many years of using MMA, that I discover you can swipe left on the album art to see lyrics! :o
WOW! Thanks for this tip! Didn't know this either until now!