Sync, download and convert issue (solved?)

Report bugs & feature requests for MediaMonkey for Android and learn about the newest beta build.

Moderator: Gurus

Not_tech_savy

Sync, download and convert issue (solved?)

Post by Not_tech_savy »

Using regular beta build 2609 or 2610
I just noticed every song I've listened to through Android auto off mma, when syncing to mmw my phone says it's downloading and converting all the songs I've just listened too.

I already have those songs and I don't believe there's duplicates on my phone. Not sure if it's deleting and redownloading them. I also don't understand why and what it's converting them too? I have volume leveling set up for songs transferred to my phone, but everything should have been converted a while ago.

Update 4/25/2022: I'm now using 2616 and can't recreate the issue
Last edited by Not_tech_savy on Mon Apr 25, 2022 11:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MMW5 - 2690 beta Gold
MMA2 - 1073 beta Pro
Phone - S23 Ultra - liked the S21 Ultra more
Peke

Re: Sync, download and convert issue

Post by Peke »

Hi,
Full debug log of Sync would be most valuable and if possible supply DL link in support ticket so that @Ludek can look into it.
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
Not_tech_savy

Post by Not_tech_savy »

Peke wrote: Mon Mar 14, 2022 4:18 pm Hi,
Full debug log of Sync would be most valuable and if possible supply DL link in support ticket so that @Ludek can look into it.
How do I get the full debug log? And would it have the link in it as well or would I need to do something else to find that?
Oh is dl link for downloading said songs? If yes I wouldn't know how to do that either.
Thank you
MMW5 - 2690 beta Gold
MMA2 - 1073 beta Pro
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Not_tech_savy

Post by Not_tech_savy »

I seem to have fixed it. I wiped the music off my phone, then updated both my phone and laptop, and turned off the volume level on sync option. everything is downloaded and working as it should now. Just got the debug program and will see if the level on sync caused my problem.

If I start using the debug version of MM5, does that act differently than the regular build?
MMW5 - 2690 beta Gold
MMA2 - 1073 beta Pro
Peke

Post by Peke »

Hi,
Not_tech_savy wrote: Thu Apr 14, 2022 3:25 pm If I start using the debug version of MM5, does that act differently than the regular build?
No, they are same, except that Debug Build appears slower due teh sending debugging msgs.
Best regards,
Peke
Not_tech_savy

Post by Not_tech_savy »

Peke wrote: Sun Apr 17, 2022 5:46 pm Hi,
Not_tech_savy wrote: Thu Apr 14, 2022 3:25 pm If I start using the debug version of MM5, does that act differently than the regular build?
No, they are same, except that Debug Build appears slower due teh sending debugging msgs.
Kk, I have the debug version for 5.0.3.2613 and I got the debug view. I'll send it to the help desk.

And I just got some music from iTunes and it did the waiting for file to convert again, when syncing to my phone. Volume level on sync is off but I have it checked on my phone. Also in sync options I have convert incompatible audio to m4a selected.

Do you think that could be doing it?
Both my phone and iTunes, I thought use m4a. Which is the same as AAC?

Just want to make sure I haven't messed up the settings, before reporting as a bug.
MMW5 - 2690 beta Gold
MMA2 - 1073 beta Pro
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

The Incompatible audio setting converts anything not enabled in Support formats below it in the Device Profile.

PS. a new beta is available.
Peke

Post by Peke »

Hi,
Not_tech_savy wrote: Tue Apr 19, 2022 9:37 am Both my phone and iTunes, I thought use m4a. Which is the same as AAC?
M4A use same AAC codec but different format container that allow better metadata support.
Best regards,
Peke