iPhone 11 no longer syncs

Get answers about syncing MediaMonkey 4 with iPods and other devices.

Moderator: Gurus

smcfee

iPhone 11 no longer syncs

Post by smcfee »

Hi all,

iPhone 11, foolishly upgraded to iOS 15.3.1. Sync no longer works, as I get the good old error: "The iPhone/iPod firmware is not compatible with this version of MediaMonkey. You'll be able to view the contents of the device, but will not be able to write to it.

Have upgraded MediaMonkey to 4.1.31.1919
Have upgraded iTunes to the latest version
I am running Windows 7 if that matters.

I tried downloading and installing an iPhone sync plug-in, which also doesn't seem to be making any difference (unless there is something I'm supposed to do once I launch MM?)

Any ideas?
Peke

Re: iPhone 11 no longer syncs

Post by Peke »

Hi,
I am not sure that Apple Mobile driver support latest iOS 15.4 (I think) on Windows 7. With or without latest plugin.
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
ClemHarvey

Post by ClemHarvey »

I saw many iOS 15.4 issues reported here but it just works fine for me. I wonder if uninstalling the MTP USB Device would help. I've checked my device manager and what I see when I plug in my iPhone is a new category called Portable Devices, which has an entry for Apple iPhone, and a new entry for Apple Mobile Device USB Driver which appears under Universal Serial Bus controllers. Both entries disappear when I unplug the phone.
Peke

Post by Peke »

Hi,
On Windows 7 If iTunes and Apple Driver are correctly installed there should not be two devices, especially not MTP and one for Apple device.

EDIT: Based on Wikipedia iTunes v12.10.11.2 from April 23, 2021 is last version to support Windows 7 and Windows 8.1. For more details see https://discussions.apple.com/docs/DOC-6562 and as for iOS 15.x you will need iTunes v12.12.0.6 that do not support Windows 7 I am not sure that it will be possible.

You can try to manually extract iTunes installation and try to manually install Driver and Apple App support, but unless device is authorized in iTunes to be available/used on your PC MediaMonkey will not be able to access it.

iTunes 12.10.11.2 for Windows (32-bit) - iTunesSetup.exe (2021-04-22)
iTunes 12.10.11.2 for Windows (64-bit) - iTunes64Setup.exe (2021-04-22)
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts