MMA with Google Assistant Driving Mode

Report bugs & feature requests for MediaMonkey for Android and learn about the newest beta build.

Moderator: Gurus

tbm72

MMA with Google Assistant Driving Mode

Post by tbm72 »

Yesterday my phone updated to Android 12 which I've since found out has killed off being able to use Android Auto on my phone screen (I've got an older car with no head unit). So now Google have forced me to use Google Assistant Driving Mode (catchy name!) if I want to use my phone screen in the car.

I much preferred the old Android Auto app which worked great with MM on my phone screen but on the new Google Assistant Driving Mode it seems very cluttered and confusing, especially when it comes to navigating MM. I don't know how much control the MM devs have over how it appears within Google Assistant Driving Mode but when I launch MM from within it, it shows loads of panels which I presume are my MM playlists:

Is this something that can be fixed within the code of MMA or is it a problem on Google's side?
maibax

Re: MMA with Google Assistant Driving Mode

Post by maibax »

+1

I have the same problem.

Choosing a playlist was so easy on Android Auto for Smartphones but now it's nearly impossible while driving.

Is there a way to configure this "new" driving mode?