Synced Ipod, now shows 0 music

Get answers about using MediaMonkey 4 for Windows.

Moderator: Gurus

Lowlander

Re: Synced Ipod, now shows 0 music

Post by Lowlander »

Sync is one way, but files can be copied to PC: https://www.mediamonkey.com/support/kno ... le-device/
UsualNoise

Post by UsualNoise »

I ran into this a while ago, installed the updated plugin, then it went away. Well, it's back. I installed MM 4.1.31.1919 and synced my iPod and now it is showing 0 music files again on my iPod classic. I made sure my plugin is current. (Date of the d_iPod.dll file is 2021.)

To verify it is a MediaMonkey problem, I manually deleted an album off the iPod, then resynced the album and it still showed no music. Does anyone have a solution to this issue? All the music shows via MediaMonkey, but the iPod itself only shows the files under Other instead of Music.
Peke

Post by Peke »

Hi,
What is the iPod version model, as iPod Touch uses https://www.mediamonkey.com/addons/brow ... c-plug-in/ for syncing.
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
UsualNoise

Post by UsualNoise »

iPod Classic, gen 7.

I did a factory reset of the iPod and tried syncing a single album from MediaMonkey and that too failed. (Copied over but doesn't show in Music on the device.)
Ludek

Post by Ludek »

Hi, have you also tried the newest iPod plugin?
https://www.mediamonkey.com/addons/brow ... nc-plugin/

iPod classic is synced via the iPod plugin..
UsualNoise

Post by UsualNoise »

Yes, I installed the 2021 iPod plugin late last year when this issue first happened. It fixed it at that point, but when I did a recent MediaMonkey 4 install it stopped working again. The only iPod plugin I've used in the last 6 months is the one you linked. I even installed it multiple times since the last MM4 update, but am getting the same failed sync results.
Peke

Post by Peke »

Hi,
May I suggest that you install clean MM5 Portable (cancel import of existing library and First start wizard) then connect iPod while MM is Open and see if it detect it correctly and sync files?

Also you can try to right click on iPod in MM4 Tree -> Rebuild Library. Especially if you can see files on iPod in MM4.
Best regards,
Peke
UsualNoise

Post by UsualNoise »

OK - looks like your suggestion to try MM5 was the solution. Thank you! I'm currently syncing everything over again piecemeal, but so far it is showing up correctly on the iPod classic.

So do you think the last MM4 version is just broken for iPod classics?
Ludek

Post by Ludek »

UsualNoise wrote: Wed May 03, 2023 3:30 pm OK - looks like your suggestion to try MM5 was the solution. Thank you! I'm currently syncing everything over again piecemeal, but so far it is showing up correctly on the iPod classic.

So do you think the last MM4 version is just broken for iPod classics?
Strange, as I am certain that the MM4's iPod plugin already includes the fix, probably it just failed to install correctly for some reason -- or you replaced it by the old original (by re-installing MM4) ?
Maybe try to rename the 'dipod-mm4-itunes-12122.mmip' to 'dipod-mm4-itunes-12122_(3).zip', unpack it and ensure that the d_iPod.dll included is bit comparable to your current [MM4 install folder]/plugins/d_iPod.dll
Peke

Post by Peke »

HI,
You can also force overwrite d_ipod.dll from renamed ZIP file, but first if you installed iPod plugin you could uninstall it first.
Best regards,
Peke