Case Checker script update

Get help for different MediaMonkey 5 Addons.

Moderators: jiri, drakinite, Addon Administrators

tbm72

Case Checker script update

Post by tbm72 »

I've only just noticed the latest update to the case checker script in v5.0.3.2611. I used to edit my script manually and then just paste it back into the 'dialogs' folder every time I updated MM but I found on the latest version it causes MM to crash when I run my edited script. So I've reverted back to the default script provided and it works OK again but one question:

I prefer to have every single word in my entire library capitalised (including things like 'A', 'An' 'Feat.' etc.) but I can't seem to make this permanently stick in the new version. If I go to the settings within the Case Checker dialog box and delete everything from the field 'Customize case for these phrases mid-string: a|an|feat' then it works on that particular time but the next time I run Case Checker it's repopulated that field again with 'a|an|feat'.

Is there a way to permanently clear that field so that it will always cap every word each time? And is manually editing the dlgCaseChecker.js file no longer advisable?
Lowlander

Re: Case Checker script update

Post by Lowlander »

I can confirm, I've let its developer know.
drakinite

Post by drakinite »

Confirmed, to be fixed as: https://www.ventismedia.com/mantis/view.php?id=18984
tbm72 wrote: Fri Mar 25, 2022 4:30 am And is manually editing the dlgCaseChecker.js file no longer advisable?
Editing only the "var littleWordString = ..." and "var forceCapString = ..." lines in dlgCaseChecker.js should be ok, but with the introduction of all the customization settings (now that they're fixed) you should not need to.
Student electrical-computer engineer, web programmer, part-time MediaMonkey developer, full-time MediaMonkey enthusiast
I uploaded many addons to MM's addon page, but not all of those were created by me. "By drakinite, Submitted by drakinite" means I made it on my own time. "By Ventis Media, Inc., Submitted by drakinite" means it may have been made by me or another MediaMonkey developer, so instead of crediting/thanking me, please thank the team. You can still ask me for support on any of our addons.
tbm72

Post by tbm72 »

Just checked this in today's update (5.0.3.2616) and it does now retain any changes the user makes to their preferences but the case checking in general seems very strange in what it reports as recommended changes.

I basically cleared the 'customize case for these phrases' and 'customize case for these phrases mid-string' checkbox options
and tried running the script on a bunch of random tracks and it came back with some highlighted recommendations that were exactly the same as what the fields were originally:

For example, it recommends changing the track name 'Life' to 'Life' which is exactly the same. I can't see exactly why it's flagging up some instances but it seems pretty buggy/inconsistent in general.
tbm72

Post by tbm72 »

Still not working correctly in 2617 update. I select a few tracks with lower case titles, go to Edit Tags>Case Checker... and it shows them all highlighted in the preview dialogue box ready to be corrected but when I click OK they don't get corrected.
drakinite

Post by drakinite »

Apologies, I have not yet fixed it.
Student electrical-computer engineer, web programmer, part-time MediaMonkey developer, full-time MediaMonkey enthusiast
I uploaded many addons to MM's addon page, but not all of those were created by me. "By drakinite, Submitted by drakinite" means I made it on my own time. "By Ventis Media, Inc., Submitted by drakinite" means it may have been made by me or another MediaMonkey developer, so instead of crediting/thanking me, please thank the team. You can still ask me for support on any of our addons.
tbm72

Post by tbm72 »

Not a problem, just wanted to flag it up! Thanks again for sorting these things out:)
drakinite

Post by drakinite »

Haven't actually had the opportunity to test it, and this is finals week at school, but it's tracked as: https://www.ventismedia.com/mantis/view.php?id=19040