video thumbnails

Help improve MediaMonkey 5 by testing the latest pre-release builds, and reporting bugs and feature requests.

Moderator: Gurus

railfan-eric

video thumbnails

Post by railfan-eric »

I figured out how to import and tag my music videos. I am tagging them for the album they're for. But now on my music files it defaults to show the music video thumbnails instead of the album covers. Like in the library and playlists. is this a bug and can there be a fix for it? I can't find any settings for this.
Lowlander

Re: video thumbnails

Post by Lowlander »

Do the files belong to the same Album (same Album and same Album Artist values)?
railfan-eric

Post by railfan-eric »

Lowlander wrote: Mon Mar 28, 2022 8:49 pm Do the files belong to the same Album (same Album and same Album Artist values)?
yes. I tagged the videos with the same album name that are for songs on that album. I didn't realize it would prioritize video thumbnails over the album covers. the album covers are still fine in the files themselves btw.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

It takes a single Artwork for the Album, this normally works as the Album has a single cover.
railfan-eric

Post by railfan-eric »

Lowlander wrote: Thu Mar 31, 2022 9:20 am It takes a single Artwork for the Album, this normally works as the Album has a single cover.
so is there a fix for video thumbnails overriding the album covers from the audio files on library or playlist view?
MiPi

Post by MiPi »

Do you use last 5.0.3. beta version? There were some fixes around artwork handling. I cannot reproduce your behavior, for me, when music video files contain artwork, it is used instead of thumbnail. And in case video files do not have artwork, thumb is generated from the video (if enabled in Tools - Options - Library - Generate thumbnails for videos). I can tag video files with artwork later and remove previously generated thumbnails (select album files - Properties - Artwork, remove thumbs and insert artwork).
railfan-eric

Post by railfan-eric »

MiPi wrote: Mon Apr 04, 2022 11:44 am Do you use last 5.0.3. beta version? There were some fixes around artwork handling. I cannot reproduce your behavior, for me, when music video files contain artwork, it is used instead of thumbnail. And in case video files do not have artwork, thumb is generated from the video (if enabled in Tools - Options - Library - Generate thumbnails for videos). I can tag video files with artwork later and remove previously generated thumbnails (select album files - Properties - Artwork, remove thumbs and insert artwork).
I missed your reply till now. I have the newest beta. I had to fix some of them. I don't know if new the version would fix what was already messed up or if I have to go back in and fix them. Hopefully it won't happen again.
railfan-eric

Post by railfan-eric »

I'm still having problems with video thumbnails. I deleted the album covers for the video thumbnails but then it deletes the album covers from the audio files. so then i add those back but then it adds them back to the videos too. I dont' see a way to tag the videos without the album covers getting assigned to them or the video thumbnails getting assigned to the audio files.
MiPi

Post by MiPi »

railfan-eric wrote: Tue Jun 14, 2022 12:43 am I'm still having problems with video thumbnails. I deleted the album covers for the video thumbnails but then it deletes the album covers from the audio files. so then i add those back but then it adds them back to the videos too. I dont' see a way to tag the videos without the album covers getting assigned to them or the video thumbnails getting assigned to the audio files.
I am not sure I understand your situation. If you edit tags/artwork for whole album, it is changed for all files in that album. If you want to tag only some files (like only audio), you need to select only files, which you want to tag, not whole album.
railfan-eric

Post by railfan-eric »

MiPi wrote: Wed Jun 15, 2022 6:03 am
railfan-eric wrote: Tue Jun 14, 2022 12:43 am I'm still having problems with video thumbnails. I deleted the album covers for the video thumbnails but then it deletes the album covers from the audio files. so then i add those back but then it adds them back to the videos too. I dont' see a way to tag the videos without the album covers getting assigned to them or the video thumbnails getting assigned to the audio files.
I am not sure I understand your situation. If you edit tags/artwork for whole album, it is changed for all files in that album. If you want to tag only some files (like only audio), you need to select only files, which you want to tag, not whole album.
but it's tagging album covers for videos and or video thumbnails for albums. How do i tag my music videos but not have the thumbnails or covers get changed for each other?
MiPi

Post by MiPi »

There is one album cover displayed for album in grids. This cover is taken from the first track of the album. If this first track is video, it is taken from this video. Maybe this is your case? Is it problem to tag also videos with album cover, so it is consistent across whole album? Only other option I see is to differentiate album with videos and album with audio, e.g. add (mv) to album title of music videos, make different album from it, so you can have different album cover for video and for audio.
railfan-eric

Post by railfan-eric »

MiPi wrote: Tue Jun 21, 2022 12:13 pm There is one album cover displayed for album in grids. This cover is taken from the first track of the album. If this first track is video, it is taken from this video. Maybe this is your case? Is it problem to tag also videos with album cover, so it is consistent across whole album? Only other option I see is to differentiate album with videos and album with audio, e.g. add (mv) to album title of music videos, make different album from it, so you can have different album cover for video and for audio.
What does you or others do for music video tagging? I wish there was a way to tell the music video files to show thumbnails or album covers. The problem i had before was i was getting video thumbnails for the album covers for the songs. I quit tagging my music videos till the problem is fixed or i figure out the best way to go about it.
railfan-eric

thumbnails vs album covers on music videos.

Post by railfan-eric »

once again I'm 'posting about this issue. I thought the bugs was worked out by now. so I edited several more music videos tagging them to albums the songs are from. but now I have album covers in place of video thumbnails. i don't' like. it's so bad that now it's affected the thumbs in Windows Explorer and i don't know how to fix that. can't edit those. and i tried deleted the covers from the videos. and the covers in the audio files playlists still shows thumbs for videos but the album covers for each song still shows fine in the album cover window. So I'm stuck with a bunch of videos that show album covers instead of video thumbnails. how do i fix this and fix it from happening again? I'm really fed up with this player doing this. i have other things going on and too tired and can't concentrate long enough to figure this out. so i basically got video thumbs in the wrong places and audio album covers in the wrong places as well. it seems properly tagging videos screws everything up. I want the audio files to stay separate from the edits i make with videos. like the audio section and the music video section. no mixing things together.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

It sounds like videos and music files were matched to the same Artwork and it sounds the primary problem was displaying Artwork in the Filelisting?

Which Build (Help > About) are you using and are you enabling the options to tag to all selected files or to all files on the Album?
railfan-eric

Post by railfan-eric »

Lowlander wrote: Tue Dec 20, 2022 5:39 pm It sounds like videos and music files were matched to the same Artwork and it sounds the primary problem was displaying Artwork in the Filelisting?

Which Build (Help > About) are you using and are you enabling the options to tag to all selected files or to all files on the Album?
I have the newest version. whatever it is. I tried only Selected files. but then the album cover goes blank on the playlists after i clear them out. I can't no longer get the video thumbnail back. I hate this issue. i want to be able to organize my music videos like the MP3's but it doesn't play well between album covers and video thumbnails. i have some albums where the playlists show the thumbnails for the videos even though it's mp3's. so i have the reverse problem.